| 17 |

It had been almost a week now since Raina had been in the accident and fallen into a coma. Her not waking up yet, still had everyone worried, since they had expected Raina to wake up after a couple of days. They hadn't expected her to be asleep for this long.

Damon didn't let the amount of time get to him. He knew Raina would wake up. She just had to.

This particular morning, Damon found him to be in a better mood. A really good mood.

He didn't really understand why he felt like this, since he didn't have much of a reason why. The girl he loves was still lying unconscious on a hospital bed, and here he was smiling to himself. He felt guilty, but there was something about this morning that just felt...different.

The route to the hospital and towards Raina's room, was one that Damon could do with his eyes closed.

Damon usually brought flowers whenever he visited Raina, changing up which ones every time. He found it weird how he knew so much about Raina, yet her favourite flower was beyond him, he had no clue, so each day, Damon just bought flowers dependent on how he felt that morning.

The day he finally confessed his love for Raina, Damon had brought her red roses. Today, he brought her sunflowers.

"Good morning," Damon greeted the nurse as soon as he got the floor Raina was at. "You seem happy, Jo," he then observed.

Jo was the main nurse that was taking care of Raina. Damon had the most interactions with her whenever he came for his daily visit, and Jo was always there to tell him kind words of reassurance.

Jo grinned as she saw Damon walk through, flowers in hand. "As I'm sure you're about to be," she then told him and he gave her a weird look.

"Uh, okay then," he replied, not sure on how exactly he was meant to reply to that.

As Damon neared the waiting room, he immediately spotted Sheila, who was sat with a book in hand.

"Morning, Sheila," he greeted her with a smile, and she grinned back at him. "Good morning, Damon."

Damon observed her for a second and then looked back, from where he had just passed Jo.

"Is there something in the air? Everyone seems a little happier," he asked. He thought it was weird for him to be in a good mood, but now it was even weirder that everyone else seemed to be as well.

"It's just one of those mornings," Sheila shrugged, but still with a grin on her face.

Damon looked around the waiting room. "Raina's Dad not here?" He asked.

Sheila then shook her head. "Jai went to go get some breakfast for us," he told her.

"Oh okay," Damon just nodded. "Ariel said she'd be here later with Rue," he told her and

Sheila smiled at him, "Alright."

Still feeling a little weird, Damon then shifted in his spot slightly. "I'm just going to go in to see her. Brought her sunflowers today," he smiled.

Sheila looked at the flowers, and then at Damon, beaming at him, a smile that went straight to her eyes. "They're beautiful," she said, and then looked towards Raina's room. "You should go in," she said.

"I'll see you later," he then told her.

Damon walked towards Raina's room, his smile still on his face.

There was indeed something different about the air he thought, he just felt...good. Usually there was an aura of melancholy surrounding his days, but today something had changed.