Raina let out a yawn as she said, "You're welcome Rory", and the two drifted off to sleep.

***

After that other night, where Damon had come over to apologise, he felt maybe things between them could be better or at least more civil. He did miss just being with Raina, without the worry of anything else.

Damon had come to Raina's house early in the morning, with the intention of taking her out to breakfast.

She had complained to Ariel the other day that she was really feeling pancakes, but the place she usually liked was closed for a week so she couldn't go, and Damon had overheard this. Choosing to be nice for the moment, he wanted to take Raina to a place he liked.

Raina had given Damon a spare key in case of emergencies.

When he saw her parents leave the house, he then made his way in. He walked to her door, and noticed it was already open.

When he walked in, he looked on the bed, and found Raina sleeping, but not alone.

He saw Rory sleeping next to her, his hand wrapped around her waist, unknown to the fact that they were cousins, since they had never actually met officially.

Damon could see Raina's exposed leg, but didn't see she was wearing shorts under the blanket.

Assuming the worst, Damon left Raina's house in a foul mood.

***

Raina heard the front door slam, and the noise of it woke her up.

"What was that?" She questioned herself, and made a move to get up, but then noticed a weight on her body. "Ugh, Rory, get your arm off me. I'm not Kit for you to cuddle" she muttered.

Rory then let out a yawn, "I never get to be big spoon with Kit" he said, as he cuddled her more.

"Yes well I'm a fork, so get off" she said, pinching his arm, and he let out a shout.

"Jheeze, you're grouchy in the morning" he said, rubbing his arm.

"Who isn't?" She then questioned and finally got out of bed.

Raina left Rory at her house, and after getting ready, she headed for Ariel's place.

"Ugh. I need coffee" was the first thing she said entering the kitchen, where Ariel and Rue were sat.

The school was off today, so they had a free day to themselves.

"Did you do something to Damon this morning?" Ariel then asked Raina.

Ariel had heard Damon come back home in the morning, muttering some curses, before he left the house once again.

"Good morning to you too, and no I didn't" Raina said, as she grabbed a glass of water, whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.

"He looked murderous this morning, and he usually has that expression when he's been with you" Ariel commented, knowing it's usually always Raina that got Damon riled up like that.

Raina then let out a chuckle, "Aw thanks darling, but no. Haven't seen him" she said.

She couldn't help but wonder why Damon was so angry in the morning, especially when she hadn't even come into contact with him, completely unknown to what he had seen before.

"Why can't you guys just be together?" Rue groaned.

Raina let out a snort. "Because I like my sanity, and your brother drives me completely insane" she said, which then caused the girls to laugh.