"Do I really need a reason to save someone?" I questioned, sparing a small glance at the older woman.

Her lips pressed into a thin line, and she shook her head slowly. "No, I suppose not." She folded up the paper a few times before putting it inside her pocket.

"But-" Oh no. There's the but. "Who taught you that healing jutsu? It's incredible," Shizune inquired. Her eyes gleamed in a way that showed that she was amazed and curious.

"Ino said your chakra was familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it-- Oh, wait, you do know Ino, right? You said her name in the midst of that.. situation."

"Uhh... Ino? Well.. isn't she that light-blonde hair girl?" I questioned, trying to look confused. Shizune nodded at my description of the said Yamanaka. Even though there's not really much to say.

"I heard the pine-apple head say it at some point so I kinda' just stuck to it, ya know?" I said, shrugging lightly. Luckily Shikamaru said Ino's name during the healing of Asuma, then maybe they won't really think of me as suspicious.

And surprisingly, this was going okay. Nothing bad was happening yet. No one knows me just yet, and Shizune doesn't seem too suspicious of me... yet.

"Huh, and who was there to teach you that healing jutsu? A friend? Relative?"

"A friend, you would say. He's real nice, a bit of a jerk, but he really cares about his kid," I stated, grinning as I thought about who matched up to the details.

"Oh. Where is he now?" Shizune questioned, grabbing a nearby chair, and settling down on it, clipboard now on the table beside me. Her hands tightly gripped on each other from her lap as she leaned in slightly.

I guess she was just that curious.

"He's.. uh... not here now," I replied, awkwardly scratching my cheek with my finger. I couldn't just tell her, "Oh, ya know! In another universe where you guys' totally don't exist!"

"That's.. awful," Shizune said after a few seconds. "It must've been hard." She gave me a sad look but I just waved her off.

"I don't need your pity," I inquired as I let out a small snort. "Things' like this happen."

Timeskip
Shizune's POV
"Tsunade-sama!" I called out as I knocked on her door a few times.

I had just finished the interview with Arion. She apparently doesn't have any village to go to, and so, I told her that she can stay here, in the Hidden Leaf Village.

Because obviously, it would be a bad idea to just let her go outside, unprotected and all. She was just a child.

"Come in."

I gently twisted the doorknob open and pushed. "I have finished interviewing the girl," I said as soon as I entered the room.

To my surprise, Team 10, and the newly-made Team 7 with both Yamato and Kakashi were there. Although Naruto doesn't seem to be fond of their new teammate, seeing as he was just glaring straight at him while crossing his arms.

Though his teammate didn't really look like he cared much, no wait, he actually seemed happy. What an odd guy.

I believe his name is Sai, a root Anbu.

"Ah, Shizune-san!" Sakura greeted and gave me a small wave, to which I returned before giving off a serious expression.

"Tsunade-sama, what is the meaning of this?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes down to everyone in the room.

They didn't look like they were playing around. There was definitely some kind of tension in the air that I cannot explain.

"Isn't it obvious?" Shikamaru muttered, making everyone's attention go to him. He inserted both his hands into his vest pocket before a small ghost of a smirk appeared on his face.