Unexpected Arrival

I decided to actually get out of bed and do something with my life. First I get in the shower, then I go downstairs to drink some tea. I still couldn't get over the fact that they all replied to me, it was like a chain reaction or something. I went into the living room, and flopped down on the couch to watch some music videos. I can say that I'm addicted to the song "Animals" by Maroon 5, but not the video. When I sing, I love to sing my heart out, so...that's exactly what I did.

Just as I was getting really into the song, I hear the doorbell. "Mom! Can you get that? I'm in performance mode!" I yell up the stairs to my mom. She comes downstairs and opens the door. Me being the person I am, continues to sing and dance around like, well, like I have sense duhh! I usually am the first person to the door when it comes to people. I am a people person ya know.

I hear a voice of a man that sounded very familiar, but I just kept dancing and singing. What caught my attention was the name "Shane" that came from another voice. I still keep my cool of course since it could be anybody. "Nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you," I heard my mom say. She's never met these men before? OK, so now I'm very very very curious as to who they are, and why they're here. "Come in and have a seat." I start to dance and sing again so that it wouldn't look like I was listening. Sadly, whoever was sitting behind me had to see my horrible dancing skills. "Excuse me, we have company." I pause the song and stop dancing. "Sorry, didn't mean to be rude," I say as I slowly turn around.

Before I even turn all the way around, I see Nick in the corner of my eye. You have no idea how hard it is to keep my cool at this moment. "Oh...my...bob! I mean...Hi." I say. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. Bright, beautiful smiles that will light up any person's day. Eyes that once they're set on you, you feel as if the world is watching. And also three great minds that have kept me motivated. I hesitate to say anything else because I know me, and I like to say stupid things around people. All I could think about was saying the wrong thing.

"Why do you seem so shocked?" Paul says, "Have a seat or something, you're making me nervous." I could tell he was kidding, but I sit down because standing was not helping the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. "I just...I...Wow." "She's a little shy. When she meets people that she really wants to see, she goes into full ' I'm going to screw up' mode." I look up at my mom, "Really mom? Thanks for sharing my socially awkwardness." "You guys want anything to drink?" "We're fine." Nick says.

"Sorry guys, this is all just a big surprise to me. Luckily I did not die of a heart attack." I say while laughing. "We wouldn't want that, we came all the way here just to see you." Shane says. Wait, did he just say for me? "What do you mean? I thought this was a road trip?" They all look at each other and laugh, "We talked to your mom about a month ago to plan this for your birthday." Paul says. "SURPRISE!" They all shout. This can't be real, and I must ,once again, be dreaming. "Ok, you guys can stop with the jokes now." "This isn't a joke. We're going to be staying with you for 2 weeks to show our appreciation." Now me being the emotional person I am, I start to cry.

I wipe the tears from my face, "Can I get a hug? It's ok if you say no." They all get up to hug me. Right then, at that moment, I felt like crying even more. "Bad idea, I don't want to cry again." "We don't mind your crying, we'd be useless if we did." I look up at them, "Why are you guys just so amazing?" "Because of you," Paul says. Because of me? "I haven't done anything besides be a supporter." I say. "And that's exactly what we wanted." Shane says, "A supporter, not just some random person who claims to love us just for what we have." "I love you guys for what you have. That's your capability to make me smile each and every day. Your passion for changing the world. Not to mention the wonderful smiles you all have."

Did I just go full creeper mode? This is exactly what I was afriad of. "Thanks," Paul says. Woah, I thought they'd be completely creeped out. "Well, are we just going to sit here? Or are we going to go out and have fun!?" Shane shouts. "Have fun duhh!" I shout back.