Chapter 13- Fresh Starts Don't Exist

∞Katniss POV∞

The events of the last few weeks were poweful and unbelievable enough to scar a person to life, to scar a person to their death. And even though i carry on, struggle through my life; in my opinion, a fresh start is non existent.

Me and Peeta agreed to put all the events of the last week behind us and look forward from now on, however hard that may be. His scars cover most parts of his body, because of me. Everything terrible that has taken place in his life has been a consequence of meeting me.

The last few nights my heart eased to calm down, it scared me almost enough to go to the doctors but then I suspected they would ask about my scars and I could never tell anyone what happened, never let anyone in my messed up and cluttered mind.

So when the time comes around to Monday morning and we have to brave school gossip, we are all that's to talk about on the top of the pyramid.

I stroll through the doors and down the hallway to my locker, swaying my hips with my jeans I have on. I never wear shorts, too many scars. Although i have to fight the urge every second to sink down and hideaway from everyone, everything.

Teenager's whispers and faint voices echo around the hallway, "Apparently they are an item now!"

"Oh my.. no way!"

"Yes! I wonder what they did together last weekend."

Girls gossip circles me, surrounding me. I try to keep my head down and avoid prying eyes and the gawking of the social chain.

I reach my locker fairly quickly and hang my head inside it, fingers gripped on the outside as i take deep breaths and try to calm down. All too suddenly, a firm hand lands on my shoulder and an instant rush of panic shoots through my veins.

Eyes wide, hands ready, i force my elbow back into the persons face and turn swiftly, simultaneously hitting my head on the back of the locker behind me. My breathing ragged, peculiar.

I dare to open my eyes, bracing myself and am met by a startled looking Peeta.

"Leave me alone Peeta." I say annoyed as i grab my books and slam the locker shut right in his face again, leaving another tremour through his body.

"Katniss, wait." I turn, stern faced and dizzy.

"I don't need babysitting Peeta, get away from me." My sudden harsh and menacing voice comes out as a surprise to me.

What is the matter with me?

Confused and disorientated, i turn again and stomp away to my first lesson in a few weeks.

Peeta grabs my arm, annoyingly, again and stares into my eyes. My somehow dark and fierce eyes.

"What's the matter Katniss? Tell me." He says slowly.

"Get away. You don't even know me. How do you think you can just come in here and expect me to follow you everywhere." Hearing myself, i know i am not making any sense but disregard it.

My gaze drops to his scarred forearms and my eyes turn darker.

I have all this anger built up inside of me, i don't know where from but it's certainly there.

I can feel my heartbeat rise in my chest, rising and falling at a quicker pace by the second.

Leaning forward, i put my blood red lips dangerously close to his ear and my upper lip rises slightly in a snarl.

"I feel, different." I whisper.

His blue eyes meet mine and i grip his arm, unable to control my own thoughts.

The rate my heart is going at now, even i am surprised that it hasn't burst out my chest.

Why is this happening again?

Stop.

Stop.

STOP.

My fingers dig into my skin and someone tries to grab me from behind.

The next moment i am aware of things, i am using my body to force him away which leads him to go flying in the air and smash out the window at the far end of the corridor.

All eyes are on me. I sink to the floor and think, fresh starts don't start right back where you were before. The harder you try to make things better, forget about the past and look to the future; everything comes back to haunt you in the end, nobody can escape everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think I owe everybody an apology.. I am sorry for being gone for such a long time :( Also I am sorry that this story makes no sense at all, soon I will bring it all together and it will all work out, don't you worry ;) May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour. Goodbye. -Oliviax (ThatHungerGamesGirl)