Chapter 7- Surrounded

Over the next few days me and Peeta seemed to spend more and more of our time together, simply talking. It wasn't until a single English lesson on one day that i was pulled out of our little dream world and back into the scary reality of my life.

I took my seat next to Peeta and by this point we were in an indepth conversation about literally anything.

"You know, i think he likes you.." Peeta said to me in a hushed voice, his eyes brows raising as he leaned closer to me.

"Haha, well im pretty sure i saw Savannah eyeing you up earlier." I mutter back, looking into those familiar ocean blue eyes.

His face scrunches up in disgust as he says back, "Ew, only an idiot would date her.."

We both chuckle and continue to make conversation while working on the project on task.

He looks up to me a little while later and says, "You know, i was thinking of going to Disneyland this weekend or next in California.. But i mean, it would be no fun going alone.. So i was wondering maybe.. If you wanted to come?" He had a hopeful look plastered on his face.

I didn't think for two seconds before replying with, "Of course i'd love to, just us?"

"Just us." He says, smiling heart-warmingly at me.

A while later, my mind wandering to other things, i glance up for a second to stare out the window into the forest opening and catch eye contct with a pair of pitch black eyes. In reaction, i don't jump but only hold my gaze until i see dark figures move around them. I frown in response, an alarmed look forming on my face. One by one, more and more black silhouettes seem to come into my vision, all of them swiftly moving forwards and surrounding me. I jump up from the chair and don't look to see anybodys response before running out the classroom and out the front doors. By then, they were literally on top of me. No faces or features seemed to be on them, only a dark outline.

I felt a warm palm on my shoulder start to pull me backwards, however i just shrugged it off because there was something about the unidentified objects that intrigued me, drew me in. People scream my name but i can't stop my feet from advancing and approach the woods at a fair pace. Just like always, i feel something behind me, pushing me forward into the unknown. But this time, instead of risiting i am encouraging myself.

It isn't long until i come face to face with those menacing eyes, the dark figures, the presences around me. My gaze drifts down and i find blood splattered across my dress, my heart beat picks up now in adrenaline and fear. Though i have never been the one to retreat from danger, only investigate it. So, with clueless humans screaming for me behind the wall and fearing my life, i take one step closer and feel my head pounding. The last thing i am certain i see before being drawn in, is the silhouettes concaving me, trapping me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The chapters won't be long, as i normally have bursts of ideas and prefer to write in smaller segments! I hope anyone who is reading this enjoys it! Bye for now ;P - Olivia x