'Oh God' she thought, 'I should have eaten something before leaving.'

Past visions rushed her mind of her father constantly nagging her to always eat before using her wings as 5 year old Lilly callously flew around their backyard for hours on end in the early morning, making her hold her wings as armour as punishment.

As Y/n left the room with a smile on her face, looked around the area and saw Lilly in the distance who seemed to be in pain. It didn't take another second for Y/n to make her way to Lilly as she still had that look of agony written all over her face.

Now that she was in hearing distance, not only was Y/n confused at the questions a guy was asking Lilly but also the fact that she took notice of the shiny armour Lilly had on her arm. Though as it sparked a moment of realisation, she took her jacket off and popped it over Lilly's shoulder, making sure that it was also covering the armour.

"Sorry I made you wait. Let's go." Y/n casually said as she pulled Lilly to her side to walk away from the group of people.

"But I still have questi-" The guy persisted as he reaches out to grab Lilly's hand.

Y/n instantly snatches his arm and pierces him with a dangerous glare, "Leave her alone."

Dropping his arm, the two retreated to their hiding spot within the school where no one else would dare to pass with the yellow tape telling the average person to not go through.

Once they were at their designated spot, the two sat down and Y/n opened her bag, rummaging around looking for something.

Lilly overwhelmed with everything that had happened in a span of 10 minutes felt herself shake uncontrollably knowing at any moment that her most kept secret was about to be exposed to her best friend.

Y/n turned her head towards her friend and worried she was as Lilly stood up to walk away from her, not allowing her to ask questions.

"Y-Y/n/n please look away." Lilly silently sobbed out as Y/n shook her head and stood up from where she sat, moving towards Lilly.

Embraced by her best friend, Lilly did her best to wriggle herself out of Y/n's arms but she wasn't going to give up on her.

"Shhh I got you Lil." Y/n hushed her friend as her arms continued to stay firm around the girl.

As much as she pleaded, Lilly wasn't able to hold back any longer as the armour slowly disintegrated and her wings were on full display. 

Y/N was in absolute awe when she saw the wings move slightly in the direction of the breeze. It was indescribable of how chic each feather looked at each angle the sunlight hit on her wings.

Eventually her wings began to fade and Y/n's arms loosened around Lilly, dragging her back to where they were sitting earlier. 

With Lilly's head buried in her hands, Y/n took out one of the many foods she had brought for the day and softly tapped Lilly's hand to show her the food.

"How did you kn-" Lilly spoke with the little energy she had.

"We all have secrets. You didn't eat did you?" She shook her head as Y/N passed the food to her.

Minutes went by and Lilly physically looked a lot better as she didn't look as tired.

"Looks like you're feeling better now." Y/n smiled as she zipped her bag that was now light from all the food Lilly ate.

"Yeah I'm definitely feeling much better." Lilly replied as she fiddled with the wrapper in her hands, "but seriously Y/n/n are you not going to ask about anything you just saw?"

Y/n shook her head as she patted the girl's shoulder, "Let's get you home. I think your dad will let you off for not going to school today."

Lilly knew that Y/n taking her home was not up for debate. Not only was the girl stubborn but she knew that the ride home would be her best shot in explaining at what had happened.

Though as time went on, there was painful silence in the car that Lilly hated. It wasn't like she couldn't sit in a quiet place with Y/n but with what had happened, there was no way she felt that the silence wasn't going to be awkward. 

The car halted on the side of Lilly's house and Y/n still hadn't ushered a word as she turned the car off.

"So are you going to tell me how you knew?" Lilly whispered like she was afraid of Y/n's answer.

Y/n turned towards the girl and gave her friend a smile to calm her nerves down, "For the longest time my father would tell me bedtime stories of my ancestors and how they were a lineage of protectors for a different kind of race that live beside humans without their knowledge. Eventually, I found out that those bedtime stories were real when this appeared on my arm."

She pulled her left sleeve up for Lilly to see a strange symbol that Lilly knew all too much about. After all, her father spoke highly of those who marked the symbol of The Haynada. 

"Is this why you began to wear long sleeved shirts in summer?" Lilly chuckled as she ran her fingers over the mark Y/n bore.

"It's kind of a hassle to explain to people why I have a mark of my arm. Plus it's to hide my identity from angels like yourself." Lilly hummed and retracted her hand away as Y/n pulled her sleeve down.

"So why exactly are angels not allowed to meet a Haynada?" 

Her friend sighed and shook her head, "This rule had been kept for centuries so who knows at this point but for my own personal reasons, I wanted to look over a particular angel that has a great importance in this life time."

Lilly started to laugh and cry a little out of happiness that all along that Y/N, her friend was always looking over her as she had always wished someone would look after her.

Y/n wiped Lilly's tears that fell from her beautiful grey eyes and almost out of instinct, Lilly nuzzled her face into those caring hands. Y/n didn't dare to move her hands away even if she was freaking out on the inside. 

"You're mad ugly when you're sad." Y/n jokingly says in hopes of comforting her friend.

Bursting into a fit of laughter, Lilly smiles and grabs Y/n's face, pulling their face with almost no space between them.

"There's that beautiful smile. Let's get you inside." Y/n whispers as she goes to remove Lilly's hand off her face.

Though Lilly doesn't budge and holds the intimate position with her friend. Lilly swore that if Y/n was any closer, she would hear her quickened breath and rapid heartbeat.

"You know if I didn't know any better, I would think that you were trying to steal a kiss from me." Y/n smirked in a flirtatious matter that only Lilly would be swooned at.

"And if I said you were right?"

Y/n taken aback how brazen her words of reciprocation, she couldn't help but chuckle and shook her head, "then, what are you doing to do about it? You have Jason and I-"

Without words, Lilly leaned in and ever so softly brushed her lips against Y/n's. 

Y/n could faintly feel Lilly's lips tremble but she did not back away. In fact, she reciprocated with those feelings into the kiss for Lilly to feel.

Minutes had gone by, the two parted and rested their foreheads together. 

"If you couldn't tell, I'm utterly devoted to you. You know I was always a picky person but really it was just an excuse to say to others when they asked who I had a crush on. If anyone should feel threatened, it's me. Jason is the one that has a crush on you, not me." Lilly puffed in pretend annoyance at the last part of information.

"Doesn't he know I don't swing that way?" I laughed and once again she had pulled me in for another kiss before going inside her place to cuddle up on her bed.