Working on the Farm

The next morning Aspyn awoke before JD and got breakfast started before they went out to work. Deciding to make something simple since they wouldn't have time for a big breakfast she made bacon and egg sandwiches and fried potatoes. She was plating the food when she heard JD stomping down the stairs.

" What are you doin?"

" Good morning to you to Mr. Lance."

" Not in the mood Aspyn. I'm tired now what are you doing?"

" I made breakfast what does it look like?"

" Well consider it time wasted I'm not hungry."

The words stung and his mood made her feel slightly bruised. Not knowing what else to say to him she hung her head and began to clean up and wrapped the food. While she did that he left the room. She was unaware of his return till she heard something slam on the table.

"Here you can wear these boots and this hat. It will shield you from the sun."

" Thank you."

" Don't Aspyn. Don't start with that withdrawn scared little girl shit today. If I was going to hurt you then I would have done it the first day I had you alone."

" That's what you think JD? You think that I would think you would hurt me?"

" You say that like I hurt your feelings?"

" Because you have. I don't think that about you at all. If I did I wouldn't be here. I feel safe with you and I feel comfortable with you. You make me feel in away that I have went my whole life without feeling and in a matter of days at that."

" That's nice. Put these on and lets go."

" That's nice? Wow man of many words."

" What do you want from me Aspyn?! I told you yesterday that I don't do feelings!"

" And I told you I understand but I also told you I won't be disrespected and mistreated and your doing just that! Would it be so bad to just say thank you or I'm glad you don't feel that way?! God your just an ass!"

She stomped off past him when he reached out to grab her. Out of her peripheral she saw his hand raise and instinctively thanks to her past she screamed and instantly shielded herself. JD was stunned for a moment until he realized that she thought he was going to hit her. This girl had been beaten he knew for sure now if not before.

Easily he reached out to her and pulled her into his chest and began rubbing small circles on her back. He waited for her breathing to calm before he spoke. He thought carefully of his words and made sure to change his tone before began to talk.

" Aspyn if you can will you please look at me," he waited for a moment and finally she looked into his eyes. He ran his hands thru her hair softly, "Aspyn I would never nor will I ever hurt you. I was only reaching out to touch you darlin. I can see with me sounding the way I did and then reaching out so fast that I startled you and I will try to be more considerate of that from now on. I don't know exactly what you have had to deal with in your past but its painfully clear that it was a violent past.

That's over though now Aspyn and you no longer have to deal with that anymore. I'm here to give you a new life. You ended up here on my farm for a reason. You needed to be safe and I needed saving from myself. I think together we can do that. What do you think?"