Chapter 26

"So, what did the doc say?" Barry says, poking my bad arm. I look down and bite my lip. "Uh, we have to stay for a day, guys. She wants me back tomorrow. Is that ok?" The guys shrug and grab their stuff. They all start to head off the bus and let us grab our things before locking up. We all head to the nearest hotel and get two rooms, same placements as last time. We ditch our stuff and the guys sit talking while I lock myself in the bathroom, reading the instructions on the pregnancy test that the doctor gave me. I don't know if Adam knows what it is, because I didn't tell him, but it might have been obvious from what the doctor had said. I follow the instructions and wait for the results. As soon as I get them I note them down, ready to give to the doctor tomorrow. I think it's a positive.

Just to be sure, I pull out my phone and take a picture of the test, in case I interpreted it wrong. She will be able to tell. I put everything away and take a deep breath before leaving. Adam gestures to the bathroom and I walk back inside, this time him following me. "What was it? Was it a test? What did it say?" he asks calmly. I look at the ground, and mumble an answer, to which he asks me to repeat. "I'm not entirely certain, but I'm pretty sure it said positive. What do I do, Adam? What am I supposed to do?" Adam blinks and for a minute doesn't say anything. "Uh," he starts. "You, uh, take it to, um, the doctor tomorrow. And, uh. Whatever she says. But." He blinks again and stares at me. A slow smile spreads across his face, and he kisses me roughly, and grins at me. He puts his hands on my stomach and looks at me happily. "Don't think you're in this alone, Lara. I'm here for you, I'll help you. I'll do whatever it takes to be good enough for you and, if it's true, our baby. I love you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And your results were positive?" says the doctor, looking up at me as I nod. "And how long since you last had a period?" I frown and try to think exactly. She asked this yesterday, but I guess it's important to know exactly when. It was the week before I met Adam. "A couple days over two months," I reply, trying to be exact. The doctor nods and I look at Adam, who grips my hand tightly. "By a rough standard, I'd say your about six weeks. Average time for morning sickness to start. Don't be confused by the name, you can get it any time of day. At about 12 weeks you need a dating scan, it'll tell you when it's due. About 20 weeks in, you need to get another scan, from a booking at a centre or hospital."

"When will it start to show?" I ask. I've decided to keep the baby, and I'm terrified but I'm excited, too. I'm going to be a mom! "At about fourteen weeks. I'm going to have to warn you about a few things. First of all, I don't suggest announcing the pregnancy until about twelve or thirteen weeks, as unfortunately, before then it is common to have miscarriage. Do you understand?" I nod and for the next five minutes, the doctor goes over several health tips involved the next nine months, such as no drugs, alcohol or smoking. In the later months, I'm not allowed to operate heavy machinery, or carry heavy things, or anything that may hurt the baby. When we are dismissed, I pick up every single flyer offered about babies or pregnancies. "I'll hide them from the guys until I can tell them, don't worry, Adam," I say, shoving them in my purse and walking out with him.

We head back to the bus, and I shove all the flyers to the bottom of my clothes bag. The guys have put everything from the hotel back on the bus, and we're all ready to head on the road again, towards the next concert. "What'd the doc say?" Neil says to me, sitting down on the chair to chat while Barry, Brad and Adam sort stuff out. I smile and look at him. "I'm not dying. Gave me some pills and said it'll clear up soon. Said not to worry if it takes a month before it's gone. Apparently it's some sort of stomach infection, but it's fine. It'll clear itself up." I feel sick for lying to the guys about the baby, but if something is to go wrong, seriously wrong, I don't want them to know that anything had ever happened. We all head to bed, and Adam crawls in beside me, carefully smoothing his hand over my stomach. "This is really happening, Lara. I love you," he says, kissing me. He cradles me in his arms and I smile, closing my eyes and relaxing.

"This is not something you have to deal with alone," he whispers to me. "I'll help you with anything you need. I promise. You can trust me, ok?" He kisses the top of my head, and we lay together quietly. I don't care if the guys can hear me or not, but I let the tears run down my face. I can't hold them back anymore, it's just too much. I can barely look after myself, how am I supposed to look after a child? Adam pulls me closer and I feel his heartbeat against my cheek, I listen to the steady rhythm of his breathing. I can't do these things; I was left to care for myself when I was young, I don't know how to look after children, or anyone else. This is going to be impossible.

I pull in a shaky breath and squeeze my eyes shut tightly, trying hard to think positively. Adam is here for me. He won't leave me, tight? He is amazing, he loves me, and he's going to love our child. I try to be brace, but I can't believe that I'm pregnant. How far am I? How do I know when 12 weeks is? When did Adam and I first become intimate? That would have been about two weeks into the tour, and the pregnancy would've started about five days after, and then there was two weeks unconscious. After that I had four more weeks, which adds up to six weeks. It has to be about halfway to twelve weeks by now at least, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You ok?" I look up as I heave my bag onto the bed, trying to find my clothes for the day. I see Adam looking at me worriedly, and I glare at him before going back to what I was doing. "Yes, Adam, I'm not stupid. I'm perfectly fine. I can lift things you know. I'm not totally useless," I say sarcastically, struggling to open it with only my one hand. I finally manage it and pull out the clothes I want. I need to start buying bigger clothes, since I'm going to be growing so much more. "I didn't say you were useless. I just asked if you were ok," he says, hurt in his voice. I sit down and look up at him, trying not to cry. "Lara, hey, what's wrong?" I bite my lip and pull on my pants, which happen to be quite baggy. I stand up and quickly change into a dark red short-sleeved shirt, trying to be stylish. How will I have time for that around a baby?

"I'm going downhill, Adam. I love you so much, but I feel like that's not enough. Like I'm not good enough for you. Now, this.. How am I supposed to love two people so much when one of them needs so much attention?" Adam watches me carefully as I talk, listening to me carefully. When I'm finished, I move to put on my makeup, and he gently holds me against a wall, staring seductively into my eyes. He kisses me deeply and I close my eyes as I concentrate on only him. For a second, I forget about everything that's happened to me, and I feel relaxed. He pulls away and hugs me tight, but with a gently touch. "I love you, Lara. Just being you is more than I've ever wanted. Giving our child the attention it needs is not going to offend me in the slightest, I promise you that. I don't want you to ever feel that I'm not happy, because I am." I nod and pull away from him, taking a deep breath before heading in to the guys.

A/N

Hola, guys! How's this chapter? Unfortunately, this story may be done soon, but don't panic. I have plans to upload a sequel, and I have plans to upload a fanfic for Breaking Benjamin, and possibly All Time Low. I even have HUGE IDEAS about writing a story about a British group of teenage girls who turn out to be freaking famous as a really really awesome band.

This band story that I have plans for, I really want to write that, but I can't think of a title for the story, or the name of the band that these girls would form. So: competition time!

COMMENT if you have any ideas for the name of the story or the name of this girl band. IF YOU WIN: there will be a TOP 3 that I decide on, and I'll put this in as a part of this story, as an authors note. If I don't already follow you, THE TOP 3 WILL GAIN ME AS A FOLLOWER and I will private message you with something special (secret at the moment, I haven't decided yet) YOU HAVE UNTIL 20TH NOVEMBER 2014!!!

Song choice of the chapter is: Diary Of Jane (acoustic version) by Breaking Benjamin. Adios!