Chapter Sixteen

Maddie kept walking until she found a park. She rubbed her arms as she sat down on a swing, it was pretty cold. She could feel tears swarming down her rosy cheeks but didn't bother to wipe them off.

She sniffled as she touched her lips. The raspberry lemonade was starting to rub off which caused more tears to come down. Her sight was still a little off and her head was pounding due to the alcohol still in her system.

Maddie could feel the alcohol trying to leave her system so she quickly stood up and found the nearest trash can. Suddenly she felt her hair being held up and quickly turned.

"Chloe? What are you doing here?" She asked while trying to keep her thoughts together.

"Well, you weren't there when we were supposed to sing happy birthday to you. Kendall is sober so she drove me around until I found you. What happened? Why'd you just leave?"

Maddie tried her best to explain what happened and Chloe listened. They sat in silence until Maddie broke it.

"Is Kalani okay?" She asked as she slumped down and started to rub her head.

Chloe grimaced. "Why do you care? All she does is hurt you. She's trouble."

"Okay, Chlo. Can you just leave me alone?" Maddie got up and started to fall over.

"Maddie, you're still drunk. Let Kendall and I take you home," Chloe insisted.

"I can take care of myself, okay?"

"I know you can, Madison, but-"

"Don't call me that," Maddie snapped.

"What?"

"Don't call me Madison. That's Kalani's thing," she huffed.

Chloe pushed down her anger and simply said, "okay, Maddie, I'm sorry. Just please let Kendall and I take you home."

"Fine."

They both made their way to where Kendall was parked and got in.

"Happy birthday, Mads," Kendall smiled.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"Yeah, happy birthday," Chloe said.

Maddie just shook her head. After a twenty minute drive they finally made it to Maddie's house.

"Who is sitting outside your house?" Kendall asked as the three girls looked over.

"Is that fucking Kalani?" Chloe snapped. "She's gonna die."

"Chloe, you're on crutches. What are you gonna do?" Kendall chuckled.

"Shut up, I don't care."

"Chloe, just stop," Maddie groaned.

Chloe didn't listen and quickly hobbled over to Kalani. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Kalani stood up startled. "I'm waiting for Maddie. What are you doing here?"

"Well, after you decided to hurt Maddie again, I drove around for an hour before finally finding her crying her eyes out because of you. So, I'm taking her home. You can leave now, Maddie doesn't want to see you," Chloe insisted.

"Maddie, is that true? You don't want to see me?" Kalani said as she saw the small girl walking up behind Chloe.

"I-I don't know," Maddie slurred.

"She doesn't want to see you," Chloe restated.

"Chloe, stop!" Maddie shouted. "Please just go home."