Chapter 14- Goodbyes

ALEX’S POV

I woke up today and it was not a pretty sight. The my clothes I was wearing was a little ripped, there were bodies around me which looked like they were attacked by a wolf, the ground has blood all over it. The scene was horrible even though I had been through much worse. I was in an unknown forest near some cemetery. I got up and walked towards my phone. I saw about 50 missed calls

. All were from Damon. I called him back. “Damon?” I said “Thank god you are ok Alex. I have continuously been calling you.” “I don’t know where I am Damon. There is nobody here.” “Is there anything specific there?” “There is a cemetery.” “Is there anything written near the cemetery?” “Wait let me check” I said as I walked towards it “It is written ‘Fell Cemetery’” “That is the old cemetery. Wait there Alex I will come and get you.” “Please come here soon Damon. The scenery around is horrible. There is a big bunch of bodies lying around with blood all over them and all of them have been killed by me Damon. I killed them” I said almost losing it.

It is ok Alex, I will come and get you soon.” “Ok Damon!” I said hanging up my phone.

DAMON’S POV

I got my car and took Alex home. She was miserable. She was hurting. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that she was going to lose me too. That is right, I had got a nip from Tyler Lockwood. I was going to die. We got home and got ready

. Today was the funeral of Jenna and John. I felt really sorry for Elena. She had lost a lot of people. We both travelled in my car to the cemetery. Everyone was already there. Elena had four roses in her hand. She kept them John’s, Jenna’s and her parents’ grave. Alaric also kept a rose on Jenna’s grave. Everyone was really sad. We all were going back to the house when I stopped

“What happened Damon?” Alex asked. “Nothing Alex I am just coming.” I said. She let go of my hand and walked away. I stood still looking towards the sky when Stefan came and stood next to me “I think I will skip the coffee and tea, cakes” “Damon Elena needs you right now. Damon Alex needs you right now.” “And then what is the plan Stefan. The curse is broken. I wanted to protect my girlfriend but still she turned. She was a werewolf Stefan. When I went to get her home from the cemetery you should have seen the look on her face. She was crying and her eyes were filled with grief, guilt and remorse. She had blood of strangers all over her clothes and was miserable” “Then you shouldn’t let her lose anybody” “Well… I wouldn’t make any promises brother.” “What is that supposed to mean?” “Tyler Lockwood bit me.” I said rolling my sleeve up and showing Stefan the bite.

“Does Alex k…?” Stefan asked “Does Alex know? She doesn’t and you are not going to tell her.” “She will find out Damon.” “She wouldn’t. I wont let her.” “I would not let you die Damon,” “There is no cure Stefan” “I will find one Damon. I will.” Stefan said.  I then walked away. I went to the bar and got myself a drink.

I went home and saw Alex sitting on the couch. “Hi!” I said. She started kissing me “Hi Damon! God I missed you so much” she continued on kissing me and was going to come on top of me but accidently touched my arm. It hurt me like hell but I didn’t not say anything. “What happened?” she asked me. “Nothing.” I said and started kissing her. She stopped me “No Damon something is wrong.” She said.

“No it isn’t.” I argued. “Don’t make me compel you Damon. Something is wrong and you are not telling me” “Everything is fine.” I shouted at her. “Wait what is that on your hand Damon?” she asked me. My sleeved had rolled up a little and she could she my skin. I quickly rolled my sleeve downwards and tried to walk away. She grabbed my hand and roll up my sleeve. “Oh my god Damon! Is that…?” “A werewolf bite? Yes” Tears filled up her beautiful eyes “Damon did I do this? Is this my fault?” “No Alex it isn’t your fault.” She started crying. “I am going to find a way Damon. I am” “I love you so much Alex but there is no cure” “There is. There must be one!” she said as she stormed out.