Chapter 19

"I-I wish to not answer that question."

"Understood. Thank you for your time," they said and walked away.

I walked towards Adam as he was finishing up his interview.

"Can we ask you one more question?"

"Sure," Adam said.

"Do you have a relationship with Blake?"

Adam chuckled, "Sorry to say this, but I don't. She has someone else. She deserves more than I could ever give her."

"Then who are you in a relationship with? You said there is someone you care for and that person cares for you."

"I wish to not answer that question. It is my personal life and I don't want media to get into it."

"Understood. Thank you."

"You're welcome," Adam said and the news reporter walked away.

"You seemed to handle that well," I said.

"I tried to do the best I could," he said.

"Someone asked me a similar question to the last one you answered."

"What did they ask?"

"They asked if we were in a relationship."

"What did you say?"

"Basically the same thing."

"I don't want people to know about us yet. Of course, Blake, Ilia, Ruby, Weiss, and Yang are fine. As well as Ghira and Kali."

"Does your mother and father know about us?"

He nodded his head, "They do."

I smiled, "Good to know."

~2 years~

A couple of years has passed since that rally. I looked at myself in the mirror as I straightened out everything. Today was her birthday and I wanted to surprise her. I opened up a notebook and read through everything. I sighed and sat on my bed.

"Adam, can I come in?" my mother asked after knocking on my door.

"Yeah," I said and tossed the notebook onto my bed.

She opened the door and walked in, "It's almost time to go. Are you ready?"

I nodded my head, "Yes."

"Do you have everything?"

"I do."

"You're going to make it special. I know you will," my mother said and kissed my forehead.

"Are we all ready?" my father asked.

"Yeah," I said.

We walked out of the house and headed towards the park. She was celebrating her birthday outside in the nice weather. We entered the park and saw they had pitched a tent. A lot of people were there that I remembered. Ghira and Kali were discussing some things while Y/N was with the others. My mother and father walked around a bit and talked to people. They eventually met up with Ghira and Kali to talk for a bit. Once they were done talking, I pulled them aside.

"Is everything ok, Adam?" Ghira asked.

"I know Y/N's actual parents aren't here and I know you're her official guardians," I felt butterflies growing in my stomach. "I-I would like to ask your daughter for her hand?"

Kali gasped and her ears perked up. She smiled and looked over at Ghira. Ghira looked at me sternly. He closed his eyes and smiled.

"Of course. I know you've gotten better since then. You just better treat her right. Or there will be punishments."

I nodded my head, "No harm will come to her."

"Good," he smiled. "Go enjoy the party."

I walked over to Y/N and the others. I talked to them for a bit before lunch was served. We all sat together and ate lunch. Blake was talking with Yang and Y/N was talking to Ilia. I finished up eating lunch and walked away from the tent. I needed to clear my head. I knew this party wasn't going to last long, but I had to get it out there. 

I walked past the pond and sat at the bench. I stared at my reflection and sighed. What stared back at me was hideous: the scar. Just staring at the scar alone was enough to remind me of what I had done in the past. I shook my head.

"No, stop thinking that. Y/N loves you and she always will. If she didn't, she would of left me by now. But I was nothing but a monster to her. I hurt her in ways I can't take back. I harmed the one person I love. I can't let that happen. I can't harm her ever again. But with this," I said and placed my hand over my scar, "is a reminder of what happened."

I removed my hand and looked down at the water as it rippled. A head popped out and it startled me.

"Oh, didn't mean to scare you."

"A-am I hallucinating?"

"No. I'm a fish Faunus."

"S-sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you."

"It's alright. Me and my family were just taking our afternoon swim around the pond."

"H-how did you get in there?"

"We did live in a river not too far from here. It got flooded by a lot of rain and it got us to be in here. We don't mind, though."

"I see."

"Adam?"

I turned to see who was coming. It was Y/N.

"Who were you talking to?"

"I was just," I turned to look back at where the Faunus was, but she disappeared. "I was talking to myself."

"What's the matter? You seemed a bit distant today?" she asked and sat down next to me.

"I just wanted to make your birthday special."

"Just you coming was special."

I smiled, "But I wanted to give you the best birthday you will ever remember."

"Adam," she said. "Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head, "We should head back before they start worrying."

We walked back together. As we were walking, I looked down at her hand. I reached for it and intertwined it with mine. She leaned towards me and rested her head on my shoulder. We got back and everyone was talking to one another. When we arrived, people were dead silent. I looked over at my mother and she nodded. I smiled and turned to face Y/N.

"Y/N, I wanted to make your birthday special. I thought of so many things, but I knew only one thing would work. Y/N, you changed me ever since I was the High Leader of the White Fang. It was a change for the better. I can agree that I did bad things in my life, but I messed up when I got this scar. But you can see past scars and look at someone on the inside. Once you see someone is different on the inside and different on the outside, that is when you judge a person. I love that about you. I love everything about you. Y/N, I need to ask you an important question."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small red box. I knelt onto the ground and opened it up, "Y/N L/N, I love you with all my heart. Will you do me the greatest honor and become my wife?"

Tears were streaming down her face. She nodded her head.

"Yes, Adam."

I smiled and stood up. I slid the ring on her finger. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. She placed her lips against mine and I kissed her back. I pulled away and turned towards everyone who was clapping and cheering.

"She said yes!" I smiled.  

~Hey guys! I know three chapters isn't that long, but I kind of lost my momentum on this trying to continue this story. I know I don't do well on trying to do a continuation of a story. Look at how my Levi X Reader turned out. It was doing well, but it didn't last long. I figured this wasn't going to last long. Anyway, I hope you liked a better ending to this. Thank you for the views, comments, and votes! I am Fangirl_of_Anime345 and I hope to see you in the next story! BAAAAIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!