Yoongi shuffled in the front seat, the sun shining directly onto him. He peeled his eyes open, instantly shielding himself from the sudden sunlight. He grimaced as he analyzed his surroundings, rolling up his window, "Jin, you drive so fucking slow. How the hell are we not there yet?"

"Sleeping beauty finally awakes from her slumber," Namjoon spoke, resting his cheek in the palm of his hand, his elbow propped onto the window ledge. Jungkook snorted at his comment, eyes still glued to his phone.

Jin rolled his eyes at Yoongi's complaint, his attention focused on the road, "I had to pick up Yoomi, you idiot. Besides, you were the one who decided to carpool with us. You should've just gone with Jimin if you're so concerned about getting there early."

Yoongi leaned back onto the car seat, nuzzling his head into his neck pillow, "No way. With Jieun there, they'd flirt the entire car ride. I came to sleep - not vomit."

Namjoon and I held back our laughter at Yoongi's comment, a smirk appearing on Jin's face after hearing his words. Jungkook looked up from his phone, staring at the aux cord, "Hand me the aux."

Once we hit a red light, Jin reached over and grabbed the cord. He threw his arm over his shoulder, handing it to Jungkook. Leaning forward, Jungkook held the cord before plugging in his phone.

Jungkook used the opportunity to scroll through his spotify, finding a good song to play. Namjoon turned to look at me, his eyebrow raised, "This is your first time coming with us, Yoomi. Are you excited?"

I looked at him, "I'm just hoping this trip is as good as you guys say it is. I've heard so much about this beach from your last trip, it's crazy."

"We had a lot of good memories here, you'll like it," Jungkook chimed in, still searching for a song to play

"It's fun but not revolutionary. It's like any other beach," Yoongi spoke bluntly, his eyes shut as he fixed the cap on his head.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, staring at Yoongi through the right side view mirror, "Says the one who doesn't even go in the water and sits on a beach chair for majority of the day."

After searching, Jungkook finally found a playlist. He played the first song on the playlist, slowly raising the volume from his phone. He rested his phone in the cup holder at the front before laying back into his seat.

Jin scrunched his nose in disgust, eyes flickering to the car screen, "The hell is this? Jungkook, your music is awful."

"It's better than your basic, normie music that plays on the radio every fucking day," Jungkook deadpanned, staring out the window.

"Jungkook's right, your music sucks, Jin," Namjoon pipped in, causing Jin to shoot daggers in Namjoon's direction. Jungkook grinned, leaning over me to reach his hand out to Namjoon, which Namjoon high-fived in return.

Jin glanced over his shoulder at me, "Yoomi, you can't possibly like this garbage, can you?"

I chuckled, a sheepish grin on my face, "Sorry Jin but I do."

Namjoon and Jungkook took the opportunity to make fun of Jin's music taste after hearing everyone's disapproval with his music taste. Jin aggressively rolled his eyes, a scowl on his face. I chuckled at the trio, finding it amusing how childish they were.

My mind kept replaying Namjoon's question. I couldn't really answer that question. It wasn't a hard question, yet my mind was stuck on it. I should be excited that I'm spending my free time with my friends. I should've been anticipating this trip and wanting to make memories with them. But a heavy feeling in my heart weighed me down. The only reason why I was even here, sitting in this car arguing about superior music genres, is because of Taehyung. I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for his promise or his constant pestering to get me to join them. 

Without even realizing it, he managed to become my only motive. 

ˇ

"I hate the way you make me feel, even when you are nowhere near."

ˇ

chapter nine!!

this officially starts the beach arc! this one is long but sad so prepare to fasten your seat belts everyone lmao 

this chapter is kinda weak as compared to my other ones.

school starts in 8 days and i might just cry :,)

whoever does these schedules is clearly high or something because they gave me two lunches and a study hall during my first semester 

like-

lmaoo im sorry hobi ily imma go now

much love

-emily