02.Back to Earth!

Once out of the trance,I realize I have been staring at a stranger like a fool in the middle of the street.In broad daylight! 

As if it would have made a difference at night.

"Oh,um,so sorry.My fault, wasn't looking where I was going"I say, sounding like a complete idiot while removing imaginary dust from my clothes.

Honestly,I feel I got rid of a speck or two.

"Brianne?" He says,as if not sure.Most people make the mistake of calling me Brihanne,so I always introduce myself as Bri to strangers.But my name sounds so good on his lips.

Before long,I find myself staring again.

He is tall.He has to be because he towers over me and I am taller than a lot of people!

He is light skinned with a shaved head and a full beard.I think I spot a stud on his left lobe.How cute.I catch myself before I giggle like a moron.

I run my eyes down his body and I almost swoon again.I never swoon!

His arms,oh his arms.They were veined and toned,the kind of arms that can hold you, really hold you.

He really is a fine specimen,I think to myself.

"Done?" He asks with a slight chuckle.I realise he is referring to my gawking and I want to dig a hole in the floor and hide from shame.

"Oh, sorry"I reply,more than slightly embarrassed.

I give him the once over again,seeing his expensive outfit.His shoes alone must be worth a lot.Guys like these don't walk around in this measly neighbourhood I live in, someone like him belongs on the island,where the elite in this country live.If he isn't careful,he would be robbed blind within a few minutes.On this side,life was dog eat dog.A survival of the fittest,only the strongest live to tell their tale.

"Sorry" I apologise again as I take a step back as if to remove myself from his drugging presence.

"It was my fault too" he says and we both smile.

Meanwhile,Grace is on the sidewalk staring at me as if I have grown horns.I mean,it's me.Brianne who doesn't date or do love.Here I am drooling over a male specimen.In the real world,guys like this do not associate with girls like me.

"Bri?"Gracie says again and this time I am sure I won't fall into a trance again.

"Are you sure you are ok?"He asks

"Yeah,very sure"I reply in low tone as I unconsciously study him again.

He should be at least 6'6 I think to my self.Who would have thought.I have always been bothered about my height around guys, feeling awkward most of the time,but he made me feel dainty.

"Okay" he says as he walks around me

"Just be careful"he says again as he starts to walk away.

And just like that,I start to feel bereft.How could I possibly feel like that,I don't even know him.

Oh but I do,I think smugly.Every atomic feature had been ingrained in my memory.Even though our encounter had lasted but three minutes.They had been the longest three minutes of my life.The world had stopped,like I had just said a word and it froze.

I laugh.I had just read something like that in a novel last week.Who would have thought.I laugh harder.This has to be some universal joke that I am not catching on.

"Now you are really mad"

"What happened back there?" She practically yells but I just smile, basking in the glow of having been attracted to a fine man for the first time since forever.This is something that has been practically impossible,my job doesn't give room for such fantasies.