“Um . . . when you said obsessed,” I started off, nonchalantly, “do you mean in the adorable kind of way, or the really creepy stalkerish kind of way?”

        “Ah—” He paused, taking a second to think about it, “—probably the first one. I wouldn’t say he’s a stalker. He’s not that creepy.” He ended his sentence with a loud laugh, as he started making his way to his room, me right behind him.

        “I sure hope not.” I smiled weakly, knowing that Demitri and Skylar were probably discussing how the clues point straight to Bradlee being the murderer right now.

        He lowered his head in agreement, stopping right before his door. “So, do you know Lily or something?” he asked out of the blew, totally taking me off guard. 

        Getting over the shock of the question, I took a deep breath before I answered him. “Why do you say that?”

        “Well,” he began, dipping his head to the side. “It’s not exactly the first thing someone would notice if they didn’t know her, right?”

        “True,” I mumbled, knowing that I underestimated how smart he really is. “I guess you could say I know her.”

        “Really?” he inquired even though he didn’t sound surprise at all. “How?”

        “I’d watched her stuff when I was a kid as well,” I said going with the truth. Whenever a commercial or a movie was finally released that I was in, my family would always make me see it with them. No matter how much I didn’t want to.

        “Dear God.” He groaned, pitching the bridge of his nose. Shaking his head, he looked at me with pleading eyes. “Please don’t tell Bradlee that. He’ll go on and on about her if he finds out you’re a fan too.”

        I laughed, but nodded my head. “I’ll make sure to keep that to myself then.” But not for those reasons, I added as an afterthought. There’s no way I’m going to risk myself if he hasn’t put the pieces together yet. For now, I just gotta be careful around him, and make sure to not say or do anything to link myself to Lily—or me rather.

        “Thank you—”

        “Hunter!” A scream echoed down the hall, cutting him off. Cranking my neck around, I heard tiny footsteps clicking on the hard-tiled floor. It sounded like she was near the top of the spiral staircase. “Where are you?”

        Hearing a loud groan behind me, I could tell he was getting frustrated. “Where do you think I am?”

        “I don’t know,” she remarked with an attitude. “That’s why I’m asking.” By the sound of her tone, she was probably rolling her eyes at her brother right about now.