Ch. 8 Not So Bad

You awoke the same way you did everything morning, but your mood was off as you remembered yesterday.

George was still in bed next to you, he noticed your expression change and immediately knew what was wrong.

"Come on sweetie, let's go down to breakfast and get this ordeal figured out, so you don't have that sad far off look on you face anymore. I love waking up to your smile, and it upsets me to see you so upset," he finished with a small shy smile.

"Yeah, you're right," you agreed with him returning his smile with one of your own and a blush.

His smile grew at the sight as his eyes filled with love and adoration for you as he spoke lowly and sweetly, "there's my gorgeous queen."

You both got dressed and headed to breakfast. When you made it to the dinning hall you was him, your cousin, and your once confident smile from the pep talk with George faded back to a look of discomfort.

"Look, Lafayette I-" you started, but your cousin cut you off.

"I'm sorry (y/n)... I see you're happy with him. And I was in the wrong, but I cannot forget about what he did to America, no matter the circumstances," his apology sounded genuine, but his after word speech about America slightly ticked you off.

"What's it matter about America. We're not Americans, America's not our problem. So what, they wanted their independence and now they got it, so what's the big deal, we're family, Laf, you were like an older brother to me when we were little, but now you're disapproving of a decision that wasn't even in my control because of some stupid new country that you're not even from," you snapped.

Laf looked down at the floor with guilt. He knew this was stupid, and he didn't want to fight with you, but he had become so close to his American friends that he was still doing it.

"(Y/n)... You're right.... I'm sorry..... No far off country should get in the way of us being family or you being happy. If this is what you truly, truly want....then I'll support you..... 100%," he looked up at you his voice genuine.

"Damn right it's what I want, and I'm just glad to have you back, big bro," you were crying and hugging Laf as you spoke the second half of your sentence.

It was at this moment as you looked up from your cousin's shoulder you forgot about you husband. He'd come with you you'd thought, but he wasn't behind you or at the in the door frame further behind you.

You turned around from Laf and the door to find him, sitting at the table picking food off a plate. Your plate.

"GEORGE... THATS MINE," you yelled running faster than you knew you could over to him as he stuck it in his mouth.

"WhAT!? it was getting cold and I couldn't exactly let it go to waste, now could I?" He smirked.

"You have your own you bitch," your words were harsh, but your stren expression was very obviously cracking and shattering away as you wanted to laugh so hard.

"You know I'm messing with you, come on dear," said pulling your chair out for you. You crossed you arms over your chest, forced some grumpy noises even though you were quite pleased, and sat down beside him.

Laf smiled and laughed as the scene played out before him. Even after so long you were still the same you. And George seemed to bring out all of your greatest qualities, so maybe, just maybe, he's wasn't so bad after all.

EVERYONE GO FOLLOW ME ON TIK TOK CUZ I FEEL UNAPPRECIATED OVER THERE →→→ @_.chimamire._