Chapter 5 ~ Rent Agreement

Brianna closed the garage door and went inside not bothering to wait for Alexander. She put her purse on the table and her coat in the closet and then went into the kitchen to make herself something to eat. She ignored Alexander, who had hopped onto the marble counter and was swinging his legs, looking around She walked past him to the fridge and had just opened it when her feet left the ground and she was placed on the counter where Alexander had just been sitting. He stood there for a moment just looking at her and she got her first chance to get a good look at him. His hair was the color of melted chocolate and his eyes, which had so fascinated her before, were light silver-blue with cream flecks. He had a strong jaw and flawlessly shaped lips she knew where perfect for kissing.

     "I will cook, you will sit." Alexander stated walking back to the fridge.

     "What? Why?" Brianna protested.

     "Because, Brina, I need a place to stay for a while and this is how I pay the rent," He took a step towards her as he began listing off what he was going to do, "cooking, cleaning, shopping for groceries, general housework, and anything else my landlady asks, whether it's telling the neighbors next-door to turn their music down, or helping her stay warm at night." By this time he was standing right in front of her. He reached down and pulled her legs open, stepping between them so he could get even closer, "for example, getting an extra blanket at three in the morning." He leaned down and whispered the last part into her ear.

     Brianna didn't realize she was holding her breath until she started to feel lightheaded and dizzy.

     "Breath Brina." Alexander said quietly moving to kiss her neck.

     "Not on my neck, Alex." She said sarcastically, firmly pushing him away.

     He stood up, moving his hands to her thighs, looking at her strangely.

     "What?" She asked.

     "Why can't I kiss your neck?"

     "Because I said so that's why, anywhere but on the neck." She said exasperated.

     "Alright."

     Realizing she had just given him free reign of her body, she opened her mouth to clarify what she meant but he had already leaned down and left a trail of kisses down her cleavage and onto her stomach. She was certain he would have gone further had the door alarm on the fridge not gone off. Alexander groaned and looked at her so wantonly that she felt a searing heat in the pit of her stomach. She imagined him kicking the fridge closed and resuming the action, carrying her to the couch, peeling off his shirt....

     "Brina!" Alexander snapped his fingers in front of her face.

     "Sorry, what?"

     "Why are you blushing?" Alexander asked with a smirk.

     "I was thinking about the time we learned about tampons and how one guy walked in at the most awkward part of the presentation." She said smirking back earning a blush and a cough from Alexander.

     "Alrighty then, what would you like to eat?" he laughed nervously.

     "I don't care, whatever sounds good to you." she said hopping off the counter.

     "Where are you going?"

     "To change my shirt seeing as this one isn't very presentable." She said as she walked away.

     "I like your shirt that way." Alexander muttered.

     Escaping to the privacy of her room, Brianna let out a huge breath and went to the dresser to get out her pajamas. As she slipped her top off she heard the door open. Whirling around, she saw Alexander leaning against the doorframe smiling.

     "You couldn't have knocked?"

     "Nah, I wouldn't have seen anything new anyway, you were just changing your shirt." Alexander said nonchalantly.

     "Ugh, that's not the point." She said trying to stay calm.

     "Anyway, you have nothing in your fridge worth eating this late so I was going to ask if you want something to drink."

      "Water is fine thanks." She told him.

     "That's what I thought you'd say so I brought you a bottle." He smiled and held it out but didn't move towards her. She walked up to take it from him but when she grabbed it he pulled her close to him.

     "I also was wondering where I'm going to sleep seeing as there is only one bed and the couch is too short for me." He asked quietly.

     "Hmmm let me see, the floor?"

     "Mmmm I don't think so," he whispered to her as he started forward forcing her to back farther into the room. "I think that we should share the bed, its big enough and I promise I'll be a good boy and keep my arms, legs and other objects on my side of the bed at all times." Brianna's back hit the wall and his arms went on either side of her body. "That is, unless you want them on your side." He muttered.

     Brianna was stunned. Share a bed with Alexander? She wouldn't last a week before the flames in the pit of her stomach consumed her. She shook her head in reply to his statement.

     "You know full well that I can get you to change your mind in less than five minutes." he told her.

     "Try me."