Jaehyun - Roses

(I wrote most of this story while listening to this. I'd suggest it 😊)

(The terms them and they will be used a lot, feel free to replace them with he or she, if you would prefer. Also, this is pretty long.)

"Burning through the hours talking~" My best friend, Jaehyun, hummed, nodding his head along to the song playing in his earbuds. He was scrolling through something on his phone, stopping every now and then to look at whatever it was. "I like me better when I'm with you," he continued, not noticing I had entered the room.

We were at my house, planning on spending some time here then head out to do whatever it was he called me for. He sounded excited and I had nothing better to do, so of course I couldn't say no.

I sat beside him and poked his shoulder. He looked over then smiled widely when he saw me. "Are you going to tell me what it is we're doing yet?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course not. Let's go."

***

"Y/N!" Jaehyun exclaimed, pulling me back until my back hit his chest. A car zoomed by, close to where I was almost standing.

"Whoops." I muttered as he let go of me.

"Whoops? That's all you're going to say about that?"

I faced him, confused as to why his tone was angry all of a sudden. "Sure. I'm fine, aren't I? Whoops, I didn't see the car coming. I'm sorry."

"Y/N, this isn't something to joke about."

"Jaehyun, you pulled me back on time. It's fine. Why are you mad about this?"

"Because you should know to look for cars by now! I won't always be there to save you and I shouldn't have to be!"

I stayed quiet for a moment, unsure of how to answer. I nodded slowly, then looked down. His angry expression didn't change.

"How many times do you think I'll help you before you can manage on your own?"

I looked up, surprised at his attack. I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't find anything to say. I had never seen him like this before. I was worried about what caused him to get so mad so easily, but I had not time to do anything more before he stormed off, passing right beside me. I stood frozen for a moment, then turned, watching as he got farther away. I bit my lip, then started walking after him. I wasn't sure how the rest of today would turn out.

There was a loud honk not too far away from me, at my left. I looked over, slowing to a stop. My eyes widened in panic as I saw a truck coming right for me. Last second, I tried to jump out of the way, but I came to my senses too late.

"Y/N!" Jaehyun's scream was the most panicked I had ever heard.

That was the last thing I heard.

Jaehyun's POV:

(A/N: Okay just real quick, I have no idea if this is what actually happens in a hospital.)

I paced anxiously in front of the empty chairs, not able to stand still. How could I? I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, only able to think that I was a part of the reason Y/N got hit. It's my fault. I shouldn't have left like that. I shouldn't have-

"Excuse me, sir?" A female voice called out from somewhere behind me. I whirled around, making eye contact with the doctor. "Are you here for Y/N?"