two

"You are not serious."

"I am, Laura." I said to Laura, my childhood friend. Basically my sister from another sperm.

"That was so cute! And guitars? Hot! I have to meet him." She said, shrieking, well almost.

"Sure, yeah." I said, not that interested.

"You got his number, right?" She asked.

"No, i don't! I'm not that cheap." i rolled my eyes at her, unbelievable.

"Hey! Why don't you try to be his friend? He sounds pretty cool. And he's in a band, you're a sucker for a band-guy." Laura explained.

"Not really, i'm fine with any guys. The problem with all of them is that every single one of them is an asshole. So, no thanks." i said to Laura.

Laura sighed, "Baby, just because Riley was a really horrible person and-"

"You mean, fuckboy." i corrected her. I love being Auto Correct Mother.

"Fuckboy.. Doesn't mean the rest of the boys in this whole world are also fuckboys."

I tapped my fingers, "I can't blame them for being really attractive though...." i laughed. "Out of all the bad criteria someone could have, why it has to be a fucking fuckboy?? Why!?"

"Honey.... let's not talk about them. Let's talk about Niall." Laura said.

"There's nothing to talk about!" i said in defense.

Laura frowned, "You haven't even told the other things about him."

"Well okay, one, he's a boy, two, he has a penis, three, he has the man nipples, four he has lungs, mouth, and his other body parts seem to work perfectly."

Laura rolled her eyes, "I hate you."

"Come on, Laura. We're neighbour, that's it. I mean, he's in a band, i guess, he has lots of guitars.... pretty sure he has lots of groupies too." I said and drinked my beer.

"Oh what's with the negative thoughts! You haven't even known him yet. At least, be his friend."

"We'll see. I'm not in the mood of socializing. People disappoint me way too often." i sighed.

"Well, i have to go. Do you wanna come?" Laura offered.

"I think i'll past, thanks though." I said.

I took a cab and went back to my apartement.

Ugh.

Have you ever felt that you had enough of everything and you realized it when you were looking out of the window's car like you were in a god damn music video? Me too.

"Thank you, keep the change." I said to the taxi driver.

Since yesterday, i couldn't think of a job i could apply for temporarily- to fill my wallet, to live basically. It was really frustrating when it comes to job applying.

"Kate,"

I looked up and saw Niall standing at the end of the stairs.

"Oh, hi." I said.

"We meet again. I see you're fully dressed." He teased.

I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just tired." i replied with a small smile. "Going somewhere?" I asked him. He looked nice, to be honest.

"Oh, yeah, gonna catch up with some friends. Wanna join?" He offered.

"I would love to but,"

"Oh yeah.. I see. You have someone waiting on you."

"What?" I said, confused.

"I saw a guy at your door?" He said.

"Who?"

"Look, i have to go. I'll see you tomorrow. Hopefully." Before i could answer, he already made his way to the door, without saying any word to me.

"Hopefully." I sighed.

A guy? Who would it be? I rarely have friends visited me. My friend mostly are in London or Birmingham. I made my way to my floor. Niall was right, indeed there was someone.

The guy heard my footsteps and turned around. I was super shocked when i saw who was it.

"ZAYN!!" I screamed, then ran to hug him.

He laughed, "Look who it is!" He hugged back.

"I miss you! You never called." I said, still in his embrace.

"I don't know your number." He said, "How are you?"

I didn't answer. I shaked my head. "Not okay." i said, almost sounded like a whisper.

"Aw, i'm here, you have me."

Zayn was my best friend. I had known him for the rest of my life. Before i moved to Manhattan, we were super close, like a brother and sister. But then, he went to LA to chase his dreams. To be a singer. And he did. Buy PILLOWTALK on iTunes y'all!!!!!!

"Any girlfriend?" I asked.

He smiled.

"Awwww, who is it?" He is so cute, his girlfriend would be the luckiest girl in the world. Zayn was kind of a guy who rarely showed her affection towards girl, but when he does, he must've loved that girl to death.

"Her name is Alexa. I met her in a coffee shop." He said, his face lighten when he said her name.

"That was cute as heck." I smiled at him.

"How about you?" He asked.

"Are you kidding? The boys won't get near me. When was the last time i had a boyfriend? They always ended up cheating on me. That's why i'm not looking forward to a relationship."

True though. I think my past boyfriends think i was a weak girl because everytime they made mistakes i would just forgive them so easily. And they would think, it's okay to do that again because in the end i would always be the one who forgives.

"Well, maybe... just maybe, you haven't found the one. You know?" He said, assuring me.

"Relationships are messy and people's feeling got hurt." I said.

"But you haven't tried. I know you, Kate. You're scared. You don't want to be in a relationship because you are scared to get hurt all over again. You don't want to feel that. And it's okay, it's normal to feel scared. But give it a try. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?" He said.

I remained silence. "Yeah, but not hitler." I said.

"Kate-" i cut him,

"But, i'm sure you and Alexa would be just fine. She seems like a good girl." I said.

He nodded, half smiled. "She is. I'll introduce her later."

And we continued our conversation til midnight. It was so good, with Zayn being here. It felt so much better.

A/N
it gets better i prOmiSE!!!!