Chapter 2- Dinner of hopes

Oh no!!!

What am I going to do? I've searched all through my wardrobe, well what you would call a wardrobe. Right now it's empty and its contents are strewn across my floor and bed. Isn't this usually what a girl does? Standing in her bedroom looking for the perfect thing to wear and then finds it at the last minute. I give up and take a long shower. This calms my nerves and I throw on a dark blue shirt and a pair of black jeans. I quickly gel my hair in the quickest time I can manage and I grab my keys from my school pants and am out the front door, and its only 7.45.

I'm so glad that for my eighteenth birthday my parents brought me an Audi S5 Coupe. It's so shiny and hey I guess I'm like any other guy my age, I like cars.

I was five minutes early to Vanessa's house, so I decided I would just wait in the car while I investigated the outside of the house. It was a large grey house that automatically made me feel welcome. I don't know if it was the openness of the house or that it just looked really bright with the open white shutters or maybe it was the garden full of the most beautiful flowers. It was as if Vanessa had just changed the house so that it looked as perfect as she was. Because the house had looked so dull before Vanessa's family had moved into it.

My phone went off breaking me out of the trance that I was in. I quickly looked at it and realised that I had a message from an unknown number. I clicked into it instantly even though I didn't know the person that had sent it to me. It read:

"I know that you're out there so please come in. V"

How did Vanessa get my number? I most definitely didn't give it to her. One of my friends must have given it to her. I quickly messaged her back and got out of the car and walked up the stepping stone path to her front door. She opened the door before I got the chance to knock on it. I'm sure that my heart stopped the moment my eyes locked onto her. She wore a loose white dress that fit her body perfectly and her long black hair lay in perfectly natural curls down her back. Her dress made it look as if she was glowing. When she noticed that I was looking at her she flashed me a bright smile and took my arm.

"I'm so glad that you're here," She told me. "I've been ready for ages."

This made me think that she was completely different to all the other girls that I knew. Even my sister took over forty-five minutes in the bathroom every night and in the morning. But Vanessa was finished getting ready before me. Now that's something different. She's my own personal angel.

We dinned at a small café just perfect for the two of us. It was called the Summer Flower and it was as bright and opens up like any flower you would find in the summer. The brightness reflected on Vanessa's face. It was as if she had been waiting for this day all her life. I stretched down and took her hand in my own and smiled at her. I pulled her gently into the little café and we chose a table. The whole café was bathed in candle light.

We both ordered our dinner and let ourselves meet each others gaze. We both laughed as soon as we noticed that we were doing the same thing. I reached across the table to take her hand and she let me take it. We both seemed to be doing pretty well for our first date. But deep inside her, I could tell that she was hiding a secret, a very big secret. But my question was: Would she ever tell me?

I didn't know what had made me think that she had a secret. She looked like a pretty ordinary girl. But somehow she she wasn't quite like the other girls that i had known or dated. But i had a very good feeling about her. I could distiguish the innocence behind those serious eyes, a small smile hidden in the depths.

I didn't ever want this night to end, but it had to. But why might yousay, why am i so in love with girl that i had only known for the last few weeks, why did this girl mean so much to me? I guess that i would never really know the answers to this truth or to the secrets. But in fact, i didn't really care. I loved Vanessa. Even though most people would say that i'm too young to understand what love really is, that this couldn't really be love. But what would they really know. Because most people marry and fight most of theirs lives and didn't really enjoy it. Butthere is always a select few people who really find love. I've read plenty of books that have a girl who is in love with two men and she just can't help breaking one of their hearts. I've recentlyread a book about this. But this book was mythical. It involves Vampires and Werewolves or shapeshifters to be exact. The main character believed her vampire to be her own angel. Truly, i absolutley loved this book. But i'm not exactly that out there withmy love of books. Because i would just be called a nerd.But i believed that calling someone a nerd just because he reads books is a little unfair, when those who pick on those certain people surely have a secret desire that they do not wish to be seen by everyone else. So guess this really explains how i really feel, about everything.

I didn't get the kiss that i wished for. I really wish that i could figure out her secret.