Chapter 5- Dreams

Vanessa P.O.V

I've just had another counseling session with Gabrielle, The Guardian Angel. I mean she's the highest Angel out of all of us. She's been counseling me ever since i gave up my wings. She counsels me about everything. How i feel about Lucas and Suzanna, and how i feel about not being able to tell Lucas who and what i am. Actually i find it boring. I hate counseling, especially when it doesn't help me a single bit. I hate it.

I can't stand going to school anymore. I tried for a week after Lucas broke up with me. I just can't stand to watch him with her anymore. I guess he was right though, if i had of kissed him before she had then we would still be together. I couldn't though. Lucas had to find out by himself that i was an Angel. He just can't understand the consequences that came with him knowing. The only one i can say right now is that he loses the love of his mortal life. I was the love of his immortal life. I can still feel my wings, the weight and feel of them, i miss them. I only wish that Lucas would figure out my secret and then i could have my wings back.

Gabrielle was the Guardian Angel for everyone; mortal or immortal. She was the main Guardian. All of my friends, like Demi, Rachael, Lukas, Peter and Mary, were her followers. I used to be a follower, most of us are, before i gave up my wings. I resented Suzanna , because she didn't know that she had someone so great looking out for her. Gabrielle was the one that had helped Suzanna find her love in Lucas. This made me angry at Gabrielle though, because Gabrielle couldn't help a Earth-Bound Angel find love. Apparently those like me had to find it ourselves. It sucked that there was so many rules for someone like me. I didn't even want to be like this.

Lucas made me mad. But me, being unique as an Earth-Bound Angel, couldn't get mad properly. My ears filled with white noise and the air filled with silvery bubbles and my shoulders felt heavy with my invisible wings. Apparently even when you give your wings up, you still had them. Its said that when you are made Earth-Bound, you're part human, but you will always be an Angel. My veins are filled with Angel blood. Red, human blood will never run through my veins. It will always be thick, silvery-white blood. It matches an angels Halo. ]There are also Angels with golden blood and golden Halo's, but i will never be one like that.

Lucas didn't understand me. All he can see was my unique beauty. Like i really wanted that. I wanted Lucas to love me for me. The way he loved Suzanna was the way i wanted him to feel about me. And i knew he loved her, i was an Angel. I could feel true love even the way i was now. I guess that's something i can put down on my Resume. By the way my plan was going now, it looked like i would be living my life as a counselor. At least then i could still feel like an Angel.

Some Angel's have secret gifts and i am one of them. My gift was Dreams, and i was going to use that gift to make Lucas understand me. Well its not like there are any rules against an Angel using her secret gift to make the mortal of her dreams love her. Ha dreams.

I looked out at the silver glow of the full moon's shine. Opening my hands, I closed my eyes and concentrated. I stayed that way quietly, and i felt the moon shine pool into the palms of my white hands. With my eyes still tightly closed, i thought of myself as an Angel, a long white dress and my halo, with its perfect and beautiful carvings, set perfectly on top of my dark, wavy hair. I thought of Lucas, without Suzanna, tear streaks along his cheeks, looking down at me from his window. I was his only and last hope at love and i would fulfill mine and his dreams. I let my thoughts wonder of to a white daze and opened my eyes. I looked down at my hands and smiled. A perfect image of myself was in the pool of moon shine, waiting to fulfill my orders.

I thought of Lucas again, asleep and probably dreaming about Suzanna, i smiled again at what he would soon be dreaming about. I opened my hands and the moon shine hovered in the air. I leaned closed to it and blew it away.

I watched as my dream disappeared into the moonshine. I felt tired all of a sudden. Making dreams always makes me tired, i can't help it. I'd found out that i had this gift only a few weeks before i gave up my wings. So i wasn't used to it yet, well practice makes perfect, right.

My eyes closed again, a crystal tear fell and lost itself in my dark hair. I didn't know why i cried, whether it was out of happiness or sadness, i just didn't know. I couldn't think of tears right now, so i went to my bedside table and picked up a framed photo. It was one of me and Lucas on a date a month before we broke up. I sat down on the white cover and stared at the picture. I loved Lucas more than he realized.

'Why didn't i kiss him when he wanted me to?' i said out loud.

Why couldn't i do something that would have bound us stronger than an Angel's wish and a pair of white feathered wings. I leaned in and kissed him. That wasn't so hard. Well of course it wasn't, i thought to myself, for heaven's sake its a photo. I lent in and kissed him. I sighed and dropped the frame and slipped under the covers. I brought the frame close to my chest and groaned.

'Why didn't i kiss him?' I whispered, to nobody that could hear. He loved me and i didn't repay him for that love. I looked at the frame, which was half covered by my chest and the cover. I smiled one last time and fell asleep, holding the frame tightly, not wanting to let it go.