Chapter 9: School

Kousei's POV

"C'MON KOUSEI!!!" Kaori said. "YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

"Shut up!!" I shouted back.

I was pumping air into the wheels of my cycle, so that the both of us can go to school. I don't know why she's going but I'm happy she is.

"You will have a lot of notes to complete, right?" she asked.

"Yep," I said.

"I'll help you," she said. "You don't have to worry."

I stopped pumping air and I exhaled. I took the air pump back inside, I took my bag and when I came out, I saw Kaori kneeling down, petting a black cat with bright blue eyes which was lying on the floor on the head.

I went over and kneeled down beside her, watching her pet the cat. I started petting it too and I stopped quickly when our hands brushed each other. She gave me bright smile and she stood up. I stood up and sat on my cycle. My pulse increased when she sat behind me. She was holding my bag for me and I began to pedal.

"Is Watari going to a normal high school or a sports high school?" Kaori asked.

I bit the inside of my cheek. "I don't know. I think he's going to a normal one," I replied.

"Ok," she said.

There was silence between us and I didn't break it because there were people around us.

"Do you want me to shut up or talk?" she asked. "I'm asking because people might think you're crazy, that's why."

"Talk," I said. I can't waste my time with her by thinking about my reputation.

"Ok," she said, happily. "Hey, do you know the song 'hikaru nara'?"

[Note:- The song mentioned here is the first intro song of the Your Lie in April series]

"Of course," I said. "I listen to it everyday."

"Yeah, I tried playing it when I was in the hospital and it ended up horribly and I didn't like the way it turned out."

"Why not?"

"I prefer playing classical music more than modern pop songs," she said.

"Me too," I said, chuckling. "I don't listen to those kind of songs but Hikaru Nara is an exception."

"I listen to pop songs but I like classical more," she said. "My second favourite type of music is anime songs."

"I read mangas but I don't watch animes," I said.

"WHAT?!" she shouted.

My balance became uneven for a second but I somehow manage to get back.

"I'll make you watch one anime for sure," she said, patting my back. "What type of animes do you like? I'm asking the genres."

"I don't wanna watch one," I said.

"Then, what about an anime movie?" she asked.

This is girl is not gonna give up is she? I smiled to myself and said, "Alright then."

"YAY!!" she cheered. "I'll think of one."

Wait! What have I done?! My thought went to us watching a movie. What if she wants to watch a horror movie and she's scared of them?! I'll just humiliate myself if she finds out I'm scared of horror movies. Or what if she wants to watch a romance movie?! That'll be way worse!! "If only Watari and I were together like that." What if she says things like that during the movie?! This is going to be a disaster!!