The blonde became flustered, stuttering about, "W-Well I, uh, you said you liked to write, so I-I just assumed you'd, I don't know, write really well?"

"Well, you became a reporter, maybe you're better."

Kara blushed and adjusted her glasses, "Pffft, nah, no, never..."

Lena smiled.

Still as dorky as always.

"I guess we'll see when you release the article about this interview. Now then, shall we get on with it? Did I have anything to do with the Venture explosion?"

"Well, I guess that's straight to the point then," Kara chuckled nervously.

"I didn't if that's what you're wondering," then Lena frowned, pensive, "I'd like to make this company a force for good. I don't want to be associated with Lex's madness, I want to make a name for myself. I'm sure you understand."

The blonde dipped her head, thoughts drifting to her late cousin, "Yeah..."

The Luthor strode over to one of her cabinets and retrieved a tiny device, "This drive has all the information on the oscillator on board."

Lena found herself frozen in her spot when Kara took a step towards her to grab the device.

Even with all of that extensive therapy I'm still shaking like a leaf.

The Kryptonian immediately backed off.

The agonized expressions they adorned were evident.

Kara exhaled unsteadily, "You're still-"

Lena nodded shakily.

Afraid. Terrified.

The blonde's shoulders drooped, "I'm sorry. It's been so long that I forgo-"

"It's fine, Kara," Lena shut her eyes, rubbing her forehead as unpleasant memories invaded her mind, "I'm sorry. I didn't think I'd be like this if we met again, but-"

"I understand," she murmured, "Don't worry about it."

Lena took a hesitant step, then another and another until she was right in front of a pair of surprised blue eyes.

She held a shaking hand out between them, urging the reporter to retrieve the drive.

The C.E.O. flinched slightly when a pair of soft hands gently embraced her fingers, then her entire palm, increasing in its firmness until her shakiness ebbed into a slight tremble.

But they were so gentle and tender in its touch, contrasting to that one day.

Kara's eyes bore into Lena's, then down at their joined hands, then back.

The Luthor retracted her hand slowly, leaving the device in between the reporter's palms.

There was an excruciatingly painful silence.

Kara attempted to obscure her bittersweet joy.

Lena was struggling to regain her Luthor poise and professional fortitude at the very touch she craved for so long, that she was starved from.

The raven-haired woman sighed, "Do you think I blew up the Venture?"

"No. I don't."

The words were said without hesitation, certain and sure and clear as day, with an insurmountable weight of honesty and trust.

Lena frowned, her features taking on something akin to agitation, "You have too much faith in me, Kara. I don't deserve it."

"But you do."