26

You didn't want to pull away, but eventually you had to. "Wow." You managed, trying your hardest not to look like a gasping fish.

"Yeah." He had a boyish grin on his face and you were still pressed against the wall.

He leaned his forehead against yours and the toe of you remained like that for a while before you said, "Happy New Year, Tobio." You smiled, and wrapped your arms around the back of his neck, pulling him back down for another kiss.

He wrapped one arm around your waist -and good thing he did because your knees buckled and threatened to give out- and used his other hand to cup your face, deepening the kiss.

It was then that you tasted the hint of alcohol in your mouth. You pulled away again, and he stepped away, giving you some space this time. You took his hand and looked out the window, admiring the firework display. But you weren't at ease.

He was drunk. He's doing this because he's drunk. What that hell, why does he have to be drunk?!

Not long after, Oikawa came to fine you. "Hey, (f/n)-chan! I need to talk to you."

"Tooru, Tobio's drunk and I can't leave him like this."

"Well I guess I'll have to tell you right here then." He shrugged, confidently. "(F/n)-chan, I like you. I did back in junior high and meeting you again, those feelings came back. I didn't have the courage to tell you back then hut im not letting you slip away again."

Oikawa took one of your hands and pulled you to his side. "(F/n)-chan, will you be mine?" He asked, looking directly into your eyes.

What the hell is this? Why's there so many confessions today? Is everyone delusional all of a sudden?

Before you could answer, Kageyama spoke for you. "No, Oikawa-san. She will not be yours. She's mine."

Kageyama grabbed your other hand and pulled you to him. "Tobio! What the hell?" You demanded.

"I wasn't asking you, Tobio-chan. I was very clearly asking (f/n)-chan." Oikawa stated calming but Kageyama had his hands balled into fists and he was glaring daggers into Oikawa.

"Tooru, I'm sorry but I don't feel the same. I'd love to stay and talk but Tobio's kind of being a drunk asshole so we'll catch up another time okay? I'm really sorry with how things turned out." You said hurriedly before dragging Kageyama away.

Once you both were outside, you let go of Kageyama's hand and began am interrogation. "What the hell was that back there?"

"I told Oikawa to piss off. Big deal." He huffed.

"It is a big deal!"

"Stay away from Oikawa-san."

"Tobio, I don't know what's gotten into you, but Tooru is my friend and you have no right to treat him like-"

"Trash?" Kageyama finished for you. "He deserves it. Besides you're not his."

"Yes! Like trash! I'm not his but I'm not yours either! You have no respect for someone who means so much to me and-"

"Don't I mean anything to you?" He interrupted.

"Wow." You scoffed. "You only ever think of yourself, isn't that right? Well have fun, Tobio. I'm going home and don't you dare come after me."

You turned on your heel and stormed away, but heard footsteps come after you a moment later. Kageyama grabbed your hand, rather forcefully, and made you face him. "(F/n), just-"

"Let go of me, Tobio." You ordered, coldly.

"Not until you listen-"

"I said let go! I've warned you twice, don't expect me to say it again."

"(F/n)-"

You wrenched your hand from his grip and when he tried to reach for you again, you slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me. Don't make me use force. Leave." You walked away, leaving him calling after you but not chasing you anymore, much to your relief.

Tears were streaking down your cheeks endlessly as you stormed away in the direction of your house.

I should never have gone out today.

Your phone was blowing up with calls and texts from Kageyama but you ignored them all.

"I'm his?" You laughed bitterly, out loud. "Well he sure has a poor way of treating his belongings. That goddamned asshole."

You snuck up to your room, and changed into your pyjamas and caught sight of Milk Boy Jr. on your bed. You went over to the cow plush and cuddled him, wallowing in self pity and ranting to the cow plush about what an asshole Kageyama was.

Bittersweet. That's what he made you feel. Every time you experienced overwhelming happiness, he'd bring pain as some unwanted extra side dish.

Talking to the plushie seemed to cheer you up, temporarily at least. You drifted off to sleep somehow, and although you tossed and turned for a while, you were exhausted and soon you fell into a deep sleep.

You woke up late the next morning, and you dragged your feet down the stairs. Even your grandma failed to console you this time. There was a knock on the door and you went to get it, in your dishelved state.

When you opened the door, Kageyama stood there, holding flowers in his hand and a sheepish look on his face. "Don't come back here." You snapped and slammed the door shut in his face. Feeling a little guilty, you opened the door again. "Only come here if your parents are out of town and you need to stay the night." You changed your words and closed the door and left.

This somehow soiled your mood more than it already was.

I can't wait to see him every single day at school. Yay.

You thought sarcastically to yourself, stuffing spoonfuls of cereal into your mouth. The gloomy aura surrounding you made even your grandma stay away from you, wanting to give you a little bit of space.

"Poor child must be going through her time of the month." Your grandma sighed.

And she wasn't wrong about that either, because along with your Kageyama issue, you'd started bleeding again like you do every month and this made eveything 10 times worse.

~•~

GUESS WHAT

This is precisely 1000 words lmao that's all oops

Not this additional authors note, just the story part

Anyways idk how to keep the story going much longer so I'll be wrapping things up pretty soon, I think I'll hit a minimum of 30 chapters though

I also know how the story is gonna end I just need to lead up to it. But yeah there's gonna be a time skip, like a huge one that skips a bunch of months in the last two chapters or something probably idk

I'll figure this out just gimme time alright? Love yousss

Stay fabulous babes xo