6

"Hey, (f/n)." He asked, sounding a lot more serious. "What happened to us in junior high?"

You sighed. "I'm not exactly sure. We used to be such good friends, but we still didn't use each others first names. I think it's because I was shyer back then."

"Oh don't give me that 'I don't know' bullshit, (f/n). Something happened and we both know it." He pressed.

You didn't meet his eyes and you sighed. "Well what happened then? You're the one who started drifting first."

"That- well, I-"

"Spit it out, Tobio."

He let out a heavy sigh and you wondered if you'd I been too harsh. "I guess I used to like you in first year. And then you got all close with Oikawa-san and I didn't want to lose you to him so I just gave you up before he could take you away."

"Wait. You used to like  me? As in, like  like me??" You questioned.

"Stop bringing it up, it's embarrassing." He mumbled, pushing your face to the other direction.

"I did too you dipshit. I liked you too and that's why I tried so hard to be close again when you pushed me away. And then I stopped trying in second year when you got a girlfriend." You explained.

Wow. Tobio and I have the worst timing, huh?

"So that's why you didn't try get close once I dated her. I tried to be us again but you kept running away. Why didn't you try again in 3rd year of junior high? I broke up with her."

"I didn't think it would be the same. We hadn't talked properly for two years and I guess you were... going through some angry phase."

"I was not." He insisted and began a staredown but you both knew you were right. He gave up and you smirked triumphantly, basking in the glory of winning a staring competition.
"Well, at least we're friends now."

You smiled at that. "Is that optimism? From the king himself. Who'd have thought."

His eyes narrowed at the nickname but he remembered that you always used to call him that. "Oh no you didn't."

He tackled you and pinned you to the bed, both your wrists caught in one hand of his.

"Oh no. Oooh no. Tobio don't you dare. Tobio!" You shrieked but your threats had no effect on the raven haired boy who tickled your stomach. You laughed histerically, but managed to break free quite quickly.

Gotta thank myself for getting into fist fights, at least I can free myself if I'm cornered like this. Wait-

That's when the two of you realised the position you were in and Kageyama back away immediately.
"S-sorry."

"Don't worry about it. We made up didn't we?" He looked at you and nodded.

Were we having a cute moment right now or-

"What's going on up there you two? No dirty business on my watch!"

Damn it, grandma!

"Nothing!" The two of you chorused and headed downstairs for dinner.

~•~

"Thank you for the food!" Kageyama said before stuffing his face. You took one look at him and burst out laughing.

Your grandma hit your head with a spoon and you pouted and rubbed your head. "That hurts." You mumbled, rubbing your head.

"Don't be rude to the guest." She said shortly and you nodded, then turned to Kageyama to weird him out by being overly nice.

He too, threw a spoon at you. "Stop with that smile of yours. It's creepy."

You turned to your grandma to whine, but she was looking quite pleased. "Grandma this is abuse! The guest is abusing me!" You tried to reason with her.

"He's only messing dear, don't fret." You grumpily ate the rest of your food, chewing loudly in irritation but stopped when your grandma gave you a glare. The grumpy aura from around you didn't disappear though, even as you trudged away to wash your hands.

"This is bullying." You mumbled to yourself. "Don't give into the bullies." Your grandma was shaking her head at you, with a smile on her face as she hadn't seen you go through so many emotions in such a short time span.

When you'd returned from washing your hands, your grandma and Kageyama were engrossed in heavy conversation, and when you listened in, Kageyama was giving your grandma tips about picking and choosing the best milk.

Ah yes. You thought. Milk! The most normal thing to talk about.

"(F/n), sit down. This boy knows his milk!" Your grandma told you, excitedly. Although you didn't share the same passion of milk, seeing her so interested in conversing with someone other than you made you happy.

"I'll go set his bed, grandma." You told her.

"You better have cleared your underwear out of the rooms." She called.

"Grandma!" Your face flushed red and you were eternally grateful to whoever was up there that they couldn't see your face at the moment.

You did have to double check after your grandma made such a comment, but you were relieved when you found the room underwear free.

You set out two pillows and thick duvet. It was late November, and even though there hadn't been snowfall yet, everyone knew it was coming pretty soon.

It was quite dark outside, too. It was 10 o' clock when you checked the time. Panicking, you went back and ushered your grandma to her room. "You should've been asleep an hour ago! The doctor always tells you to keep a routine grandma! I'll get you your medicine and you have to go straight to sleep." You lectured.

Sometimes you wondered who raised who. You helped her with the medicine and tucked her into bed, kissing her goodnight and closed the door behind you.

You called out to Kageyama to show him his room but he'd passed out on the couch. Sighing, you brought the pillow and duvet to him.

Carefully lifting his head, you placed the pillow there. You lifted his leg back onto the couch and covered him with the duvet. You stood back and smiled. "Good work (f/n)." You told yourself.

You were about to walk away when you heard Kageyama mumble something in his sleep.

A sleep talking Tobio? Now this ought to be interesting.

~•~

Wowow here's look at me burning through these chapters.

I wanna start more romance but if I do I'll make the book end quickly so now I'm just hopping in between cute romance moments and then just them as friends and idkkkkk

I probably need professional help with the amount of over thinking im doing. Oh well.

It's 6 am and no I didn't pull am all nighter, I just passed out last night at like idk 7 pm? 8? And so I woke up hella early.

I'll be off now, count on another update my wonderful readers!

Stay fabulous babes xo