You looked at her and shrugged. "I think I'll pass. I haven't been out in the rain in a while so even if this is just water, makes me feel nostalgic. I'd love a towel though."

Yukio nodded and told you she'd get a towel from the infirmary, it was supposed to be used for treating injuries but there were plenty of them so she figured the school nurse wouldn't mind. "Go apologise to the class for blowing up at them though~" She sang while skipping away to get you a towel.

"Hey Yukio!" You called after her.

She stopped and turned, "Hm?"

"I love you!" You said smiling warmly at her.

"I know you do hun'." Yukio replied blowing you a kiss and continued skipping away.

"Hey!" You yelled after her, sulking when your best friend didn't say it back.

"Love you too, you mood swingy dumb dumb." Your smile returned immediately and you felt you had the strength to now apologise to the class.

Making your way (A/N: -down town, walking fast-
//slapped
Alright I'll let yous keep reading smh) to the classroom, you double checked the door to make sure no more buckets of water would fall on your head before stepping inside and almost slipping. You caught the door handle on time however, and breathed out a sigh of relief. "H-hey, guys, I'm really really so-"

"Don't mind, don't mind." The class responded.

"AT LEAST LET ME APOLOGISE PROPERLY, SHEESH!"

The class only laughed. "We know you love us (f/n)." One piped up.

"Even if you're a little crazy sometimes, we're all friends aren't we?" Another said reassuringly.

Your shoulders relaxed. "Aww thanks guys, you're the best." Your hair was still dripping wet and your clothes haven't had nearly enough time to dry. And that's when you felt a towel thrown at the back of your head.
"It's not that hard to just HAND it to me Yukio." You said, glaring daggers at her.

"Ah but where's the fun in that?" She replied and you only rolled your eyes.

Drying your hair quickly, you dropped down in your seat, taking out your books and making sure they weren't wet.

Our sensei came in, threw you a confused look but didn't ask about it and started the class. Still feeling a little guilty about snapping at two poeple in particular, you passed notes to them, apologising.

Hinata responded immediately, he wasn't discreet at all and it was a miracle the teacher didn't catch him. He'd apologised in return for drenching you and asked if he could treat you to lunch to make it up to you. You smiled and turned to Hinata to give him a thumbs up, to which his face lit up. You were in a good mood too.

'I'm getting free lunch for getting mad at him, maybe I should get mad more often.'  You chuckled to yourself. You wouldn't do it, of course.

Kageyama on the other hand, said "it's whatever" in his note and you turned to him to stuck your tongue out at him, and he responded with a simple raised eyebrow.

For the rest of the class, Yukio and you sent memes to each other on your phones under the table. This was true friendship.

When the bell rang, signalling the end of first period, you approached Kageyama. "Hey."

"Hey." He responded.

"Sorry about-"

"I already said it's whatever." He interrupted.

"But I still feel bad about it!"

"Well, what's apologising gonna do?"

This made you pause, he did have a point. "I guess you're right." You sighed. "But that means I've to make it up to you. Have fun trying to get rid of me now!~" You sang and skipped off only to hear him groan in frustration. You couldn't help but laugh. This was clearly heading in the direction of a bright friendship.

Yukio linked arms with you and the two of you set out to find Hinata. 

Since Yukio was with you, Hinata did the sweet thing treated both of us to free lunch. "Thanks Hinata! I think we're going to be great friends."

Yukio nodded in agreement. "If you treat us this well we'll never have problems!" She added. His face was almost shining when he heard this and excitedly jumped, yelling "SCORE" but he bumped his head on the pillar. Yukio and you burst into fits of giggles.

You found a lunch table miracilously, and sat down, all three of us lost in conversation. Somehow, your conversation turned into one about clubs, and Hinata got really excited and rambled about his volleyball club.
You and Yukio exchanged glances and you both chuckled, finding it endearing how much passion the shrimp had towards his club.

"What do you think about volleyball?" He asked, his eyes sparkling.

You thought about this. "I've only played volleyball for enjoyment until now, never in a match. So I don't know any of the rules or anything but it's really fun!"

Yukio nodded. "I'm the same as (f/n), but I've played in matches so i know the basic plays and all. But a lot of people quit the volleyball club in my junior high so it disbanded and I haven't played since."

Hinata thought for a minute before inviting us to watch his volleyball practice after school. "We'd love to!" You and your best friend said at once.

And that's how Yukio and you ended up at the gym on a Monday afternoon.

~•~

Sorry that the first chapter was boring, but I had to have some kind of introduction to the characters who'd be in the book the most.

I'll start getting the reader and Kags to interact a little more in the next chapter.

Those of you who remain patient with me, I seriously love you guys. Thank you so much, it means a lot to me and I could literally cry because of all your support :')

Note- not edited yet, apologies for any spelling errors or incorrect grammar or sentences that just don't make sense.

Until next time babes ;)