Chapter 7 - Awkward

It’s been two weeks and I’m still avoiding Tyler. It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s just that it’s so freaking awkward now. That whole “trip to the lake” wasn’t even supposed to happen. I was supposed to visit Samuel in TC’s office, but then Tyler came and I just- lost track of things, I guess.

      To be honest, I feel dirty. I’m with Samuel and I still went and had sex with Tyler. Part of the reason why I’m keeping my distance. I wish I could like him, but Samuel’s like a brick wall.

      Since I didn’t get a chance to visit Sam before, I’ll just do it today. I slipped my feet into my red, mucky Converses and walked to TC’s office.

      “Anyone in here?” I peaked my head inside, scanning the room.

      Sam sighed from relief, “Thank God. C’mere, Salem.”

      I walked over and sat on his lap, “So what’s going on?”

      “He’s keeping me hostage, that’s what’s going on.” Sam rolled his eyes.

      “Now, Samuel.” TC started, “I’m not holding you hostage. I’m simply trying to understand this altercation between you and Wolf and to keep you two as far away from each other as possible.” 

      “That shouldn’t be any of your business. This is between Wolf and I.” Sam snarled.

      Speaking of Wolf, I haven’t seen him ever since I went over to his cabin that evening. So it’s been about two weeks. I know he’s here because people are still talking about him and Samuel.

      “Just make it easier for yourself. The sooner you tell me, the sooner you get to leave.” TC conferred.

      While exhaling, Sam looked at me. “Don’t worry about it, it’s nothing.” He shook his head, looking back at TC.

      I knew he was thinking about the time he caught Wolf and I flirting. Well, I wasn’t flirting. He was. Even though I wasn’t guilty, Sam beat me that same night. That’s the reason why him and Wolf are supposed to “fight”. He’s ten-times more paranoid now that he’s back, as I said before.

      TC removed his glasses and heavily exhaled. “Salem, would you give us some privacy?”

      I stood up, nodded and left back to my cabin. Forget breakfast. Tyler’s probably there, and you know how that goes..

     I shut the door behind me and went straight over to my calendar. Two more days until the next campfire. This one should be...interesting, now that Wolf’s back. Depends if TC decides to keep them apart still.

      But, something caught my eye. It’s the third week into this month, shouldn’t my period have arrived already? It’s scheduled to come around this time, I don’t understand what’s happening! Unless... Oh no. No, no, no. That’s impossible. I never had sex with any- wait... TylerShit!