Chapter 2 - Salem

Samuel dragged me out of the mess hall and into his cabin. I know Tyler saw my distress signal, he needs to come now! My bruises were just starting to heal, too...

      Sam and I never used to be like this. He became so paranoid of any other male being around me ever since I met Wolf a few years back. He made Sam feel less of a “man” then he already was, I guess. So of course, Sam had to do something brash, but Wolf never left because of him. Dr. TC sent him home. There were rumors of him raping and killing a girl on campgrounds, but everything you hear in Flog Gnaw isn’t always true.

      “Sit the fuck down.” He pushed me onto the bed. “Who the fuck is he?”

      “Who is who?” I asked, knowing exactly who he was referring to. Tyler.

      “Don’t play dumb, whore! You know who I’m talking about!”

      I can’t rat him out! If Sam finds out who he really is, both of us are done for. Tyler’s really cool, I’d hate to ruin his first couple of days here so soon.

      “Samuel, please! Calm down!” I insisted.

      Once he starts screaming like this, it’s over.

     “Tell me his goddamn name.” He gnarred at me.

     “Look, Samu-” He cut me off with a nice, tedious slap.

     “Are you ready to talk now? Or do I have to keep slapping the shit out of you until you do?”

      I sucked in my bottom lip, holding in all my tears. He’s not worth my anguish, anymore. I’ve been through this way too many times to let this break me down some more.

      Soon, we heard a knock at our door. 

      “Salem, we need your help in the kitchen again.” TC hollered from the other side of the door.

     “I’ll be right in.” I said, below a whisper.

      Fuck yes. I could escape him for a second. Thanks, TC. Although, it should’ve been Tyler saving my ass.

      I stood up and fixed my shirt, “I- uh- have to go.”

      And with that, I walked out. I was surprised he actually let me walk away from him even though I felt his eyes super-glued onto me on the way out.

      I went down to the cafeteria to help get a few things up for tonight’s campfire. There was no one else in here, but me. The rest were all outside, starting the fire and gathering some sticks for the marshmallows. 

    I went into the cabinet, grabbing a bag of Hershey’s until I heard the front doors swing open. Fuck. That has to be Samuel.

      I peeked my head from around the kitchen door frame, checking who it really was. Tyler.

      I stepped outside of the kitchen and cracked a weak smile, “Tyler?”

     I was happy to see him, but I was somewhat peeved that he never came to check on me. Then again, we only met today. I couldn’t expect that much from him.

      “S-Salem?” He questioned my presence in awe. 

      “Yeah, it’s me, Tyler.” I chuckled, “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the campfire?”

      He walked over to me and grabbed his phone off of the table, “I came back to get my phone, and fuck that campfire. I spent the last hour looking for you! Where’d that faggot bring you anyways?”

      Wow, he really was looking for me. That’s...very thoughtful of him.

      “It’s ok, I’m fine. Would you be a dear and help me with these bags, again?”

      He shrugged, “Sure.”

      Just as we were about to leave, Samuel walks in. Just great.