A.M: 26

Kiana Brown
2 weeks later
Home.

I laid across the bed holding my stomach. I groaned in pain, it hurt so badly. I sat up in the bed checking to see if my period was on. Nothing. So what could be the problem?

I laid back down on the bed and began tearing up. I swear I felt like I had to throw up. It might be because I haven't ate nothing all morning.

My phone vibrated making me grab it. It was a Roman calling me.

"Hello?" I groaned in pain.

"If you fucking I'll call you back."

I sniffled, "No, my stomach hurt."

I couldn't even hear what he was saying because I began crying. I rubbed my eyes pressing the phone back to my ear.

"Did you hear me?"

"No."

"I said I'm on my way, is Tonya daddy there?"

"No." I wiped more tears, "They both gone, I'm home alone."

"Aight, well I'll be over there in a minute don't worry." I let him finish talking before I hung up the phone. I tossed it to the side of me and rolled over. I started crying even harder and louder.

5 minutes later.

I opened the door and Roman picked me up. He closed the door behind us and carried me back to my room. I laid my head on his shoulder as soon as we sat down on the bed.

"Here, I bought you some soup." He said making me shake my head no. I hated soup, I've always hated soup. "Then how you gon' feel better Mamí?"

I shrugged, "I don't want soup. It hurts too bad for me to eat."

"Aight look." He said using his free hand to grab the bags. "I got you a Sprite and some crackers."

"No—"

"Stop playing with me, drink some of this." He said opening the top on the soda. I took it from him and drank a bit. I gave it back and he closed it.

I crawled off of him and back on to the bed. It was still hurting so bad that I couldn't do nothing but lay down. I grabbed my pillow and began sobbing onto it. Ugh, I hated being sick.

"Man what's wrong? You need to go to the emergency room?" I felt Roman hands on my back as I shook my head. I covered my hands with my face and shook my leg to ease the pain.

"Hold on, let me call my mama." He said pulling his phone out his pocket. I sniffled, and turned to look at him. He had the phone to his ear as he held his head.

"Mamá, ¿qué puedo usar para el dolor de estómago?" I swear I forgot he said his mama was Mexican. I didn't understand nothing he was saying.

Mi amiga Kiana, dijo que el dolor de estómago dolls mucho. Ella está llorando en este momento."

He looked back at me and patted my back. I turned over and let him finish his conversation.

"Sí señora, gracias. Yo también te quiero, adiós." He said before hanging up the phone. I turned around and looked at him.

"What did you say?"

"Um, I just told her you had a bad stomach ache. I was asking her what we could do for it and she said eat some mints and drink some ginger tea." He said and I sat up.

"I hate ginger." I made a face.

He laughed, "I just want you to feel better mamí."

He reached down in his bags and handed me some peppermint. I opened it up and put it in my mouth. I bit it and it opened up nose.