"What's wrong, Jisoo?"

She nudged my leg softly under the table, but I pulled it back, growing annoyed.

"Are you jealous?" She asked, and I snapped my head in her direction.

"No. I'm surprised, that's all."

And also very suspicious. Lisa couldn't have lied to my sister. Jennie was a human lie detector. So, if the Thai didn't tell Rosé about this 'ex', it must be because...

"Nothing will ever happen again between Lisa and I. We are best friends," The Aussie tried to soothe me.

"Are you sure she doesn't have feelings for you?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Rosé kissed my hand tenderly, and we started digging in the cake, chatting happily. However, I still had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

---------

Rosé's POV:

"Thanks for dinner. I had a wonderful evening," I said, before kissing Jisoo softly.

She smiled, and I felt her thumb caressing my thigh in a smooth motion. The gesture was rather affectionate than lustful, and I loved the way it warmed my heart.

"Tomorrow, I will have lunch with my parents," Jisoo sighed, turning her gaze towards the falling rain outside. "My mother knows I'm dating someone, but she has no idea that this person is a woman."

"Is she homophobic?"

"No. My sister even came out to her when she was a teenager. But my dad is. He is very traditional and already has a poor opinion of me. I'm not seeking for his approbation, but he deserves to know."

I nodded understandingly and pecked her heart-shaped lips.

"Good luck."

"Thank you," She muttered, hugging me one last time. "Call me tomorrow. I need to hear your voice first thing in the morning."

I opened the car door when the rain stopped and kissed the raven.

"Goodnight, love."

"Goodnight, fallen angel," She smiled.

I exited the vehicle and waved at Jisoo before entering the building. To my surprise, my best friend was waiting in the lobby. Her blond hair was damp, and she looked pensive.

"Lisa?" I called her.

The Thai lifted her gaze towards mine, her eyes widening with surprise.

"Oh, hi."

We stayed still and silent for a moment until I walked in her direction. She tucked her thumbs in her hands: something she only did when she was nervous or scared.

"Where were you all this time?" I questioned her.

"At the hotel."

"And it never occurred to you that I would get worried?!" I exploded. "The first and last text I received was on the day of the trial."