Chapter Three ~ Awake

Start from the beginning

My head had lost its dull ache, proving Niamh's capabilities. I had gotten my crowd silent, but now I had no idea what I would say. I was supposed to protect them, but I could no longer attend classes, the Carrows would find me and imprison me for my insolence.

"I can't go back to Ravenclaw dorm, I need to focus on healing the students." I said slowly, gazing around at the audience.

It was apparent that we were in the Room of Requirement, no other room so easily adjusted in Hogwarts. I had to stay here, I realised, and focus on the students. Maybe I could restart communication between the Order and the students.

"What will you do?" piped up Luna, aqua eyes questioning.

"The teachers are slowly being given Death Eater teachers aids," added a boy named Nathan, "It's not just the Carrow's classes where students are being hurt. I think you need to take on healing full time."

I wasn't surprised that the Carrow's had started getting back-up, the teachers were obviously defiant of their teaching techniques so of course they needed eyes in every class. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed to stand up, I remained silent.

"You can be the head of Dumbledore's Army, then." Ginny said matter-of-factly.

Like thunder striking a metal rod, the idea formed. She was right, Dumbledore's Army could be restarted... The students rebellion, connected to the Order of the Phoenix. Grinning from ear to ear, I nodded slowly to show my approval.

"I think it's about time we restarted Dumbledore's Army." I challenged, my eyes drifting over all of the faces gathered.

Reaching out my hand, I waited impatiently as Niamh laid her hand upon mine, followed by Neville, Ginny, Luna and gradually all of the seniors gathered. The pact was made, the army was restarted.

"Every Friday at 9:30 the meeting will gather. Bring along new members, but only people we can trust. I don't care if the whole school is in this army, but we need to make sure the Death Eater's don't find out." I roared, receiving assured nods from my seniors.

Checking the small clock sitting amongst my medical instruments, I saw that it was past eleven at night; I may as well be a good influence and get them to bed. Announcing it time for them to sleep, I waved Niamh away as well, leaving me and Neville alone.

"Don't worry about apologies and all that, it's fine." I disrupted, blocking his plans.

"If you don't go back to the classes, you won't be able to become a doctor." he mumbled, sitting on the lone hospital stretcher.

"I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that I can heal, plus I'm not going to be completely conventional, shall we say?" I laughed, resting my hand comfortably on his knee beside me.

"Did you know that they have a reward for whoever finds you?"

"Aren't I important?" I joked, nudging his stiff body playfully.

"You are important, El, but please be careful about the army... Maybe we should keep it to the current members."

"They need to be educated, now that the Death Eater's have control. I'll just do what Harry did, show them how to defend themselves. Ginny seemed pretty keen to help..." I replied conversationally, trying to keep our chat from wafting in to morbid facts.

"D'you think they'll let us home for the holidays?" Neville inquired, diverting our conversation.

"And have no-one return? I don't think so." I sighed, leaning my head against his shoulder.

It was like our bodies were these two puzzles, that somehow fit together perfectly. My head and his shoulder, his hand and mine, his potions and my spells. What I really wanted to do was keep him in this room, frozen in time and away from the dangers of the school, but he was just as stubborn as I was.