Chapter Ten ~ The Rescue Team

~ Niamh's Point of View ~

Neville chose a group of twenty students, all of whom were of age. Ten eager young men who convinced Neville that it was their choice to join as they were of age, and ten restless girls determined to avenge Elysia and save her. All of these students were in our year, we had grown up with them and now Neville was leading them into a battle.

Of this elite team there was Dean Thomas, the Parvati twins and many more students that were friends rather than pupils or peers. Yet, Neville had no qualms in fighting back. The entire Dorm had a new air of ferocity, but we remained true to Elysia's wish to close the dorm.

Brother and sister Julia and James were the last accepted into the Dorm, and had been requested to recount the events of Elysia's beating to the entire Dorm. I understood the merit of the truth, but Neville was becoming as cruel as the Death eater's in his quest to destroy them.

I, for a few brief days, had no wounds to heal. It didn't feel right, anyway, like I was taking Elysia's place. I wasn't ever as skilled at it as her, where she could heal a student in moments it took me days. Neville spoke of her spell book being absent from the Mirror, meaning that I had to count on my memory to heal any wounded.

I hadn't expected any wounded, but Neville's team were soon coming to me with their ailments. He trained harder than Dumbledore's army ever did, with darker spells and intentions. It had been only three days since his open vendetta was declared, and his training had finished hours ago; as evident by my ward.

"Now, shut your other eye and I'll heal the black one up." I said in a stern voice to a girl name Hannah.

"Thanks Abbott, sorry for the eye." Neville said in a cool voice to the blonde girl.

"You hurt her?" I shrieked in shock, turning to give Neville a gaze cruel enough to scold silently.

"I offered to help you, Sir." Hannah piped up, staring with big grey eyes at Neville.

Raising his eyebrows in surprise he replied, "It's Neville, Hannah. For Pete's sake, we've been in Herbology together for years."

Hannah shrugged in reply and allowed my wand to work its magic. Soon she was lulled into a sleep and Neville was left alone with me with no protection from my fury. Sensing an argument he built a separate room for us to discuss the matter in.

"Sir? Can you believe that? I've known her for years..." Neville mused to himself, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Well, maybe because you've turned into a mad militant the kids are getting scared." I said in a cold voice.

"I'm not mad, you of all people know why I did this."

"Elysia would never want the children she saved to be doing this, especially for her." I said in a tremoring tone.

"Of course she wouldn't want anyone to harm themselves for her! But all of these people are willing to do it because of all she's sacrificed for us!" Neville retorted, raising his voice in his anger.

"Well why aren't you leaving sooner, if you want to save her?" I croaked, regretting the words as soon as I said them.

"You think I don't think about her every moment?! With every breath! I- I need to-" he sobbed in reply, leaning against the door frame for support.

"Need to what? What Neville?"

"Make sure she's alive. Find out where she is. Make sure I can actually save her." he replied, bloodstained eyes glancing upward in a look verging on hate.