Your brother is in jail

Lucy's: POV

It was normal Monday morning. I had a lesson with my students. But still something was wrong.

Someone knocked on the door and I opened. I was surprised to see John. He had a serious look on his face.

"I'm sorry to disturb you in the middle of a lesson, but I have something important to tell!" he said. "Okay!" I replied. "Your brother is in jail!" said John. "Excuse me, what?" I asked. "He raped and murdered Peter Swan three days ago. He is sentenced to death for the murder of ten young boys!" he said.

"My brother is not a killer, how can you accuse him of that?" I asked upset. "I saw him leave the brothel early one morning!" said John. "What he did there is none of your business!" I replied coldly.

"So you don't believe me?" asked John. "Adam is my brother and I know he's innocent!" I said. "Well, I thought he was my friend!" he replied. "Well, he doesn't deserve to have a friend like you!" I said. "I won't bother you anymore!" he replied and left. I closed the door after him.

"Is father in jail?" asked Elizabeth. "I don't want him to die!" said Vicky crying. "Don't worry, we'll get him out!" I replied. "Do you promise?" she asked. "On my honor!" I said.

***

We went home to Magnus after school. I'm too scared to be home alone with the kids. I told him the whole story.

"I know Adam is innocent!" he said. "John doesn't believe me!" I said. "Don't waste your time on him. I've never liked John, there's something about him that's not right!" replied Magnus.

"Can we stay here?" I asked. "Your and your nieces are welcome to stay here as you as you want!" he said. "Thank you Magnus, it means a lot!" I replied.

Don't mess with Lucy. Magnus is a good man.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~