Chapter 1 - Mate?

Khiya

Beep. Beep. Beep.

'Okay, I'm awake.' I opened my eyes and grabbed my alarm clock. When it wouldn't stop beeping, I crushed it.

'I said I'm fucking up.'

I lazily got out of bed and searched my wardrobe. I picked out some skinny jeans, ripped at the knee, and an Attila shirt. It said Suck my Fuck. I decided this wasn't appropriate so I picked a Bullet for my Valentine shirt.  I walked to the shower, stepping under the cold spray.

After showering, shaving and getting dressed, I quickly applied some mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. I brushed, dried and straightened my long, red hair. I picked up my bag and phone and went to my car. I arrived at school ten minutes too early, I used this time to go to the receptionist.

'Hi. My name's Khiya Thatcher, I'm new?'

'Oh, of course. You're the rogue, right?' I looked at her in confusion.

'So everyone knows?'

'Yeah, honey. We're all 'werewolves' and we're all in the same pack. Why wouldn't we?' I just shrugged and took my timetable. 'Have a nice day.' She smiled. Huh, she seemed... Nice, I guess.

I looked at my timetable. Ugh, I hated calculus and I had it first. Great. I walked to my locker.

'Um, hey?' A small girl with dark hair and glasses looked at me. 'You're the new girl, Khiya, right?' I nodded. 'I'm Lily Shaw. Nice to meet you.' I smiled at her.

'Nice to meet you too Lily. What can I do for you?' She bit her lip, seeming to have an battle with  herself over whether to be rude, or just ask the damn question.

'Hey hottie, wanna go out?' A boy yelled as he passed me. I flipped him off with a perfectly manicured, black painted finger nail.

'Oh, fine. So you're pretty and I don't have any friends, so wanna be friends?' She shrugged. I slammed the door of my locker and linked my arm in hers.

'Sure, Lily. I don't have any friends either.'

'Let me see your timetable.' She stated. I obediently handed it over. 'Aw, we've only got history together,' She frowned as a bell rang, 'see you later.'

'Yeah, see you.' I hurried to calculus, but I was still late. 'Sorry I'm late sir, I'm new.'

'Khiya, right?' I nodded. 'You're excused this time but once more and you'll get detention.' He looked around the class. 'You can sit next to James.' At the sound of his name, a boy with black hair and green eyes looked up. His eyes looked right into mine and I shivered. He stood up.

'Mate.' A few people gasped.

'Mate.' I agreed as my wolf awoke. He strode over to me and took in every inch of my appearance, from my pointed chin to my bright blue eyes. From my red hair to my thin waist. My eyes raked over him. He was gorgeous. His black hair was styled in the latest fashion and his lips were slightly chapped. He put his large hands on my waist and I put my small hands on his muscular, defined chest. Someone cleared their throat behind us. I blushed as we made our way back to our seats, James still holding my hand.

The bell rang and the lesson finished. I exited the classroom and went to my locker. I felt a hand on my shoulder, stopping my every move. That simple touch made my stomach flutter and my whole body felt warm. I turned around.

'Where are you going?' His deep voice sent shivers down my spine. 

'To my locker.'

'Are you trying to get away from me?'

'No, but I barely know you.' He looked into my eyes.

'Then I'll get to know you, you're my mate.' He took my hand. 'What do you say we skip school today?' He asked.

'I don't know,' I shrugged, 'It's my first day.'

'The school won't mind, I'm going to be alpha soon, I can kick them out of my pack.' My heart skipped a beat. This was the future alpha? Then how come he's my mate? I'd always despised authoritative figures, they made me feel uneasy, however I had to give him a chance, didn't I?

'Fine. My place is kind of a mess right now though.'

'Well, that's not a problem,' he smirked, 'We'll go into the forest.'

I was the mate of the alpha.

No, this is wrong. I thought as I was lead away from my locker by the leader of the pack.

_______________________________________________________________

What's up Sugar Nuggets? There you have it, first chapter. It's kinda short but I want some feedback.

What do you think of Khiya?

Do you think she'll stay with James?

Do you like Lily?

Vote and Comment

-Emilyxoxo