Chapter 22: Mourning

Wine's POV

"I have a gift for you, my son."

I saw a box in front of me. My mother is very sweet. She is always giving me a present. I opened the box and I saw a huge thing covered with a red silk.

"I'm sure that you will love that!"

I removed the red silk and then I saw giant scythe. The handle is made of gold and the blade looks like it is thirsty of blood.

"I love it!" I said cheerfully.

I tried to lift it but it is quite heavy! This thing is larger than me! I don't know if I can use it right now!

"Hold it tightly!" She said.

My hands are shaking while holding a heavy scythe which is bigger than me. I'm just looking at her. I want to make her proud.

"Do you see that wooden target in front of you?"

I nodded and then she smirked...

"Now, slash it!" She said.

"B-But, I can't hit it! This scythe is heavier than me! I can't move it!"

She gave me a frightful glare...

"Do you want me to be proud of you?"

I nodded...

She crouched in front of me and she is tapping my shoulder. I heard her sigh.

"Listen, my son! There are plenty of monsters out there who are disguising like an angel. That scythe may be heavier than you but you have to carry it with all your strength."

She moved closer to me and then she whispered at my ear...

"Do you want those monsters to kill your mommy?" She asked.

"N-No!" I said firmly.

She smirked...

"Then, kill them all!" She said.

She's right! The only way to live peacefully is to execute those monsters that could hurt my family. My hands are shaking but I lifted the giant scythe.

"Go! Hit it!" She shouted.

I moved quickly like the scythe is part of my body. I tried to hit all of those wooden target. It fell into the ground like pieces of paper.

I am catching my breath but I heard a slow clap from my mother. She is smiling at me. I'm very happy because I can see that she is so proud of me.

"Very good, Wine! Tomorrow, we will go at the jungle to hunt using that scythe. Do you love that?" She asked.

"Of course!" I said and then I hug her.

I can always feel how much she loves me. She is the one that I love the most!

"Marga! What are you teaching again to our son?"

We are both in shock so we stopped hugging each other. My dad is here and he is mad at my mom.

"I'm just training him!" She said.

"For what? To kill someone? Don't teach him those things! He is not like your family!" He said.

"He is also my son! I'm just teaching him to defend himself!"