12

(Small recap because it's been a while)
———
Anne and Gilbert were going home from Diana's party when they see Derick. Gilbert sleeps over because Anne is petrified. This is the morning after, when Bash somehow makes it to Anne's house. Anne is extremely confused, while Gilbert is trying to not die.
———

"You better explain, Blythe!" Yelled the redhead, who was overwhelmed with confusion.

She didn't actually have a reason to be angry, but Anne absolutely hated when she didn't know what was going on.

Gilbert was in deep trouble, and the only thing he could do was tell the truth. "He's my friend...from the ocean." He said. "I don't know how he got here, all I know is that he's here now and I DID NOT share your address with anyone I promise!" Gilbert finished, rubbing his clammy hands together.

Even though Anne was angry, she couldn't help but laugh at Gilbert's reaction. 'He's so cute...wait what?!' She thought.

The red head let out a breathy laugh and let her temper cool down a bit. "Yeah, okay...I believe you." She replied, shooting Gilbert a small smile.

Gilbert sighed in relief, relaxing a bit. "Well...now that we're done with explanations, Anne, this is Sebastian," Gilbert said while elbowing Bash, a small signal for him to extend his hand.

Bash quickly obeyed Gilbert and shook Anne's hand, giving her a small nod. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, it must be a handful to always be with him!" Anne laughed, nudging Gilbert with her other arm.

Gilbert laughed awkwardly and scratched the nape of his neck, something he did often when he was nervous.

He really wanted Bash to like her, but he didn't really know why. It was probably because she was a new friend...right?

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Anne. I see Gilbert is in good hands here," Bash laughed heartily. He knew his best friend well, they we're basically brothers. He could tell that Gilbert liked this girl, but he knew that dense boy wouldn't realize it just yet.

Anne stood there for a while, before she remembered her manners. "Oh! Silly me," Anne scolded herself, "would you like some breakfast? Marilla and I have made the most scrumptious food and—"

"He'd love to!" Gilbert cut her off, looking at Bash, slowly nodding his head.

It took every ounce of Bash's body not to laugh at the desperate boy. 'He probably wants to make sure I like her, he's already whipped.' Bash thought to himself.

"Hold your horses, Blythe, I was already going to say yes," Bash teased, an obvious 'you-like-her-look' on his face. Gilbert just rolled his eyes, not minding the rapid beating of his heart.

Anne smiled softly, curtsying in front of her unexpected guest. "This way then, kind sir, into my humble abode!"

And into Green Gables they went, each one with a different type of smile.

~~~~~

"When will you come back?" Anne said sadly, kicking a large rock she found in the sand.

Gilbert had just gotten to Avonlea yesterday, and he was already leaving.

Gilbert sighed, "I don't know, but definitely sooner than you think," He winked, flashing a cheeky smile at Anne.

She rolled her eyes, she should've known better than to assume that Gilbert would be serious.

They stayed quiet for a bit, just standing on the sand, staring at the sunset in front of them.

"You know," Gilbert said, breaking the comfortable silence between them, "you can take this, just in case of emergencies," Gilbert handed his Dripter to Anne, watching the colours shift from grey to green.