The Hunt.

Loredas 12th, Hearthfire, 4E 180

  Bellona woke up and got out of bed. She took off her nightgown and dressed in some doeskin pants and an olive vest. She makes sure Ivy is still sleeping and got on her knees. She pulls out a knapsack from under her bed.

As quietly as she cam she pulls out a chain mail vest her mother issued for her. Normally on hunting trips, she'd wear her leather vest but she wasn't about to waste time looking for it. She also retrieves her glass dagger and hunting bow from under the bed as well as steal arrows. Bellona pulled on the vest and fastened her weapons and snuck downstairs. From a drawer, she pulled out parchment and a charcoal stick.

'Going outside to play.' She scribbled onto the paper and left it on the drawer. With luck, her family won't wake till mid-morning.

She took a deep breath and exhaled trying to calm her nerves. She wasn't nervous but always got excited before a hunt. Before she started hunting with her friends she would do it with her mother. Bellona would jump up and down until Lionent rested her hands on her shoulders to still her. With her nerves, semi calmed she headed outside with her boots in her hands. She closed the door and began to walk after she tugged her boots on. The blue twilight made the area rather ominous but thrilling. Better to sneak up on game but also a chance for an accident.

  As she neared Gweden Farm she could see that light shines from the farmhouse. Bellona stopped and Jo'la is standing in front of the window. The Khajiit woman noticed the girl and her ears perked up. Soon enough Bellona was being beckoned with a finger to come over.

  Bellona gulped as she approached. She really didn't want to get chewed out. Not by someone she likes. By the window, Bellona rested her arms on the sill. "What are you doing up so early?" Jo'la whispers.
"Well, I'm going on a hunt."
"By yourself? Does your family know?"
"Not exactly. I wrote a note explaining that I am playing. If I told them I am going out to hunt my mother will want to join." Bellona looked up at Jo'la.
"This one sees. Why do you want to hunt alone? The beasts of Cyrodiil are very different from the ones of Valenwood. You can get overwhelmed. A dire wolf can easily snap through your armor." She slightly pointed at the mail vest.

Bellona shifted from foot to foot. It's best, to tell the truth, and get on with it. "I'm not actually going alone. It's with someone I want to make friends with. He's a hunter."
Jo'la smiled and crossed her arms at the wrist and leaned on the sill as well.
"Cicero isn't it? He's a good boy, he'll make sure you're safe."
"You're not going to tell my parents?" Bellona asked.
"Jo' la won't but please be safe. This one will never forgive herself if something happens to you. Good luck."

Bellona smiled and lifted her arms off the sill. "I'll be safe don't worry. I took down a crocodile before so I think I can handle whatever is here. Goodbye Jo'la."
"Goodbye dear."

  Now down the hill, all Bellona has to do now is search for Cicero. It shouldn't be too hard he'll be the only other person out right now. 'Maybe I should try the apple tree.' Bellona thought. She hurried towards Anvil and by the beach, the tree stood with laying Cicero under it. He seemed to be asleep so Bellona decided to calmly approach as to not panic him.

  As she neared him she whispers out. "Cicero?" He turned his head to her and grinned. "Hey, Bell. It's nice to see you."
He sat up and moved off the rock. "Bell?" Bellona asked.
Cicero looked at her slightly alarmed. "Is it okay if I call you that?"
"Of course it is Cicero. I've just never had a nickname before."
"Oh okay." He blushed a bit. "Nice armor. Where'd you get it?"
"I'm not sure actually. My mother ordered this for combat practice."
"Cool. Are you ready for our hunt?"
"I am indeed." Bellona pulled her short hair back into a ponytail. "I'll follow your lead."