Chapter 1

The book is done completely in Max's POV

RING RING RING.

I groggily forced myself to get out of the comforting grip of my bed as my alarm clock blared in my eardrums. I let out a quiet moan of complaint as my hand slipped onto the alarm clock before silencing it completely. Today was my first day of college in my senior year. Ever since I became home schooled and dropped out of my highschool during my freshman year I've never made contact with a person my age. To be honest I don't even know how I'm going to handle making contact with another person. I let out a long exaggerated sigh before I jumped off of my bed and I headed towards my closet. I dug through the piles of clothing that lay on the floor before I pulled out a blue t-shirt and black pants along with my golden Z chain.

I quickly dove out of my room before I jogged into the bathroom, I threw on my shirt and the pants, as I pulled on the pants I couldn't help but think to myself how they were still four times my actual pants size. A grin crossed my face leaving me to feel uncertain as to why I was smiling but I quickly shook the thought out of my mind as I turned on the shower, ready to start my day.

I strolled out of the bathroom and into the hallway to find my parents on the couch, my mom turned her head to look at me before her eyes rested on my face, "Max, are you sure you want to have a dormmity dear, your father and I don't mind if you stay with us!" Her voice was almost a hum as she gave me a quick frown of despair. I glanced over towards my dad who did not seem to notice me; ever since I got my first surgery he always acted like I never existed.

I finally looked back at my mother before I quickly embraced her into a hug, "I'll be fine mom, besides I need to get back into the real world. I'll be fine, I promise." My mother shot me a teary smile before she took a step closer to me, for a moment we stood in this position until my mother brushed a strand of my hair away from my eyes.

"I really do hope your right, just know that if anything goes wrong, I will be here." She smiled before she snapped her head back at my father, "Andrew tell your son goodbye this instant!"

"Son, I've never had a son. I've only had a daughter, however my daughter left me 7 years ago." My father scowled as his icy blue eyes met mine, "besides that boy is a disgrace to our name!"

My breath caught in my throat as I hurriedly glanced at the ground. My father's words lingered in the atmosphere around me but I tried to ignore them- I wanted to ignore them. A weak smile plastered itself on my face as I looked up at my mother who was scornfully glaring at my father. "I'll be fine, mom dont worry about me." As I said this tears rolled down my mothers cheeks. I wasn't sure if they were tears of joy or sorrow however she quickly whiped them away, leaving her face to be red and puffy.

"I know... I know, you should run along before I keep you here any longer..." my mother trailed off as she watched me, her eyes became distant but I could tell that she was longing for me to stay with her, I shot her an empathetic smile before I rushed back into my bedroom to grab my belongings.

As I grabbed ahold of my dark blue bag I took one final glance at the room that I had grew up in. The room that I had played Runescape in. The one where I started my YouTube channel. That same room where I realized that I was never meant to be a girl. A smile crossed my face as I stepped out of my bedroom and I raced down the hallway and into the hallway that led towards the front door. My mother was waiting by the front door, a river of tears was streaming down her eyes however my dad stood watching me from afar almost as though I were some pest that be had been longing to get rid of.

"Well this is it, I guess." I spoke as I said my goodbyes to my mother, my mom sobbed on my shoulder before letting me go. I threw a glance at my dad before I raced out of the house, not looking back. I'm finally free, I thought to myself, I can finally get away from my father without being looked down upon! My hands clasped around the golden Z necklace that hung around my neck and I let out a long sigh, I just hope that I can make friends. That's the one thing I've been wanting to have for the longest time, friends that are acctually my age.