Six

Benj and Hannah decided to have a movie marathon for the day since it's currently raining outside and Tita Maricel didn't want us to go out.

As Benj and Hannah argue about what movie to watch, I headed to the kitchen to grab some snacks

"Holy mother of cow!" I screamed, surprised.

I saw Donny with a grin plastered on his face slowly walking towards me to hand the chips that he got.

"Hey.. easy, what are you so scared about?" He then lightly chuckled which made me thank whoever reigns above for creating Donny. His laugh is so majestic.

I shrugged, trying to hide off my embarrassment and nervousness.

"Do you want something else?" He tried looking around their cupboard for more snacks but he realized he couldn't find what he wanted so he gave their driver a call to fetch his car.

"I'm grabbing snacks, wanna come?" he said as he starts walking away from the kitchen and into the hallway to grab the keys to his car.

I didn't notice that I was unconsciously following him looking like a lost kid. I saw him walk towards a red Jeep Wrangler and he stopped to open the door for me. I froze in my spot and gave him a weird look.

"Uhm.... get in?" he awkwardly said.

I nodded and went inside before mentally cursing myself for not thinking about this. How is the ride going to be when I'm all nervous and shaky as we speak.

It was a very quiet ride. I could hear Honne's "Warm on a cold night" in the background. I listen to Honne's songs but I would not say I'm his fan.

I noticed that we were heading to McDonalds so I gave him a weird look.

"Are we going for a drive thru?" I asked with my eyes wide open. He aimlessly nodded so I tried to shift my body so I could hide my face.

"What are you doing Elle?" he asked in a confused tone.

"I don't want people to see us together, I don't think it's good publicity," I said, still facing the other side.

"No, it's okay. Don't worry about it." I know it's not okay but something about his words makes me want to believe it is okay.

"What do you want? Nuggets? Fries?" He asked.

"I'm fine with anything but nuggets are my favourite," I tried not to sound excited which is how I usually am whenever I go to Mcdonalds to order nuggets.

I heard him let out a small chuckle. Which I thought was really cute. I didn't move until he started driving away from Mcdonalds.

I felt bad for hiding my face I knew it was necessary.

My phone started beeping and I saw Benj's name on the screen so I immediately answered it.

"Hello? Where are you?" He asked in a nervous tone.

"I went out with Donny to get McDonalds. Is that okay?" I heard him let out a deep sigh.

"Thank goodness I thought you went someplace alone and got lost. Yeah, uhm, I'll just wait for you guys in the drive way," I felt sorry that I didn't tell him where I was going so I apologized before he got the chance to hang up the phone.

"Benj?" Donny asked after I ended the call.

I nodded. A small smile crept on his face while his eyes are still fixated on the road. After a couple of minutes, his smile slowly faded.

"I've never seen Benj like this before," He said out of nowhere without leaving any trace of emotion on his face.

"What do you mean?" I ask cautiously. I'm curious as to why people always think something changed in Benj ever since we met. It wasn't long ago when we first met, I think things are just going so insanely fast.

"I mean.. Benj is sweet and all, specially to our sisters and to Mom. But he's never been this sweet to any girl who's not family," He answered.

I raised my brows in utter confusion, "Doesn't he have girl friends?" I asked.

"He does. But he's not that caring or sweet to them. With you, it's a different kind.. We're here," it took me a few seconds to realize we're already on their driveway.

I saw Benj standing under the sun as he was waiting for us. It's too hot outside, he should've just waited inside.

I didn't bother telling him off. He seems like he's not in the mood. I raised the bags of McDonalds that we got and let out a very wide smile.

He smiled back. "You should've told us you were going with Kuya," he said as he reached for the bags so he could carry it himself.

"I'm sorry, I totally forgot. I was just planning to grab chips but Donny said you guys were out of it," I trailed behind him as we walked to the living room.

"Next time please let me know, okay? What if you somehow got lost? You're not familiar with this place,"

"Benj, calm down. She was with me. She's okay," Donny interrupted, igniting a tension between the three of us.

"Yeah, you could say so.. for now," Benj answered leaving me and Donny behind and utterly confused.