One

I sat across the counter as I waited for my order to come. I am currently in my favorite restaurant where my parents used to take me when I was little. I ordered a plate of buttermilk pancakes and a side of dark coffee. It was one of those days again.

Just a while ago, I suggested that my parents should get a divorce since I can not stand them fighting every day. But, what really pushed me to say that was the fact that I had been an accomplice to my dad's wrongdoings all this time. He's been cheating on my mom for six months now and I hate how I chose to believe him when he says that it would be better if I kept quiet because if I did not, I would be the one who would ruin our family.

"Is this seat taken?" I saw a familiar figure smile at the sight of me. Of course, I know him. Who would not recognize Benjamin Pangilinan with his sunglasses on, pretending like he had not been gathering every girl's attention in the room?

When I did not reply, his smile fell into a frown, "I'm so sorry but this is the only seat available. I can not afford to stand while eating my bagel."

I let out a chuckle, "You could take it."

He flashed his pearly whites and thanked me. I scanned the room to check if he was lying and to my surprise, the store was so packed. It was too late for me to realize that today is Valentine's day. Maybe I've been so soaked up with my thoughts that I barely noticed the romance feels that engulfed the area.

"Why aren't you eating your pancakes?" Benjamin eyed me intently, as if I was some old china figurine that he figured would be priced too high in the future.

"Oh. right. I completely forgot about it."

"Who hurt you?" Shocked, I almost spat the coffee in my mouth.

"Who hurt who?" I asked him while watching how he gracefully ate his bagel. He really is a Pangilinan.

"You know, you're out here in a romantic restaurant on Valentines day all alone looking like you're carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders, there must be some guy behind it."

I smiled timidly, "It's a family thing." I tried not to sound rude. I don't even know why he's talking to me. He's Benjamin Pangilinan for God's sake! Seeing him talk to a stranger like me would spur up issues in the showbiz industry. Particularly now when his brother is on the pedestal because of his new movie.

"I see." he then widened his eyes as if he forgot something, "I'm Benj—" before he even finished his introduction, I stopped him, "The Benjamin Pangilinan. I know"

"Of course you knew.. one of my Kuya's supporters?" he asked.

"You could say so," I shyly nodded and I saw his face turned lifeless.

"I figured.. You haven't exactly introduced yourself though."

I took a sip from my cup of coffee and shot him a playful smile, "I'm Natalia Mirielle... Elle for short."

"What a cute name, your parents must be ecstatic of having you weren't  they? I've never met someone who has the same name as yours, it's beautiful." He said without a pause. 

I wanted to sink into the ground out of embarrassment. I could feel my cheeks turning hot red upon hearing his compliment.

I can't help but be in awe of his beauty. I know Donny is attractive and all— but there's something about Benjamin that would really draw you into him. Perhaps his softness? It was not the kind of softness that makes him look too feminine. It was the one that you would want your husband to be so that your son would grow up like him; it was not only contagious, it was seemingly addicting.

"So Elle, what made you eat in this restaurant? I'm a regular here but it's the first time I saw you here."

"It was my usual place before everything in my life got f*cked. I just visited today for old time's sake." I could see the concern in his eyes which he didn't let me gaze upon any longer as he quickly shifted it to his food.

"How about you? Who hurt you?" I asked.

He let out a chuckle and I would lie if I'd say that it wasn't out of this world because it was.

"No one. I am just waiting for my sister and I felt famished a while ago so I decided to eat here not realizing that today is Valentine's day so it would be fully occupied."

Then suddenly, his phone rang.

"Hello Ate? I'm just eating lunch. Oh are you done already? Okay, i'd just head back now. Okay, see you." After that, he stood up, wiped the sides of his mouth and gave me a very sweet smile.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go now, Princess Hannah is getting furious. It was nice meeting you, Elle." He offered his hand and I willingly took it.

"It was nice to meet you, Benjamin."