Chapter 6

Lola's POV:

"Luke! I said I just wanted one" I shout playfully at him as he faces the cashier to buy our mcdonalds that I seem to have been waiting hours for when in reality it only takes a couple of minutes to order something, plus we must have passed at least 10 on our way here, but Luke said he would only buy us food once we got there. I shove his back playfully causing him to take a few quick steps forward and turn to grab my wrist before I can do anymore damage. His lips press to mine sweetly. 

I wait patiently as he turns back around and pays for the food, I follow him as he stands to the side to let more people order as we wait for the food. My eyes scan over the few people as we are waiting. There's a little blonde girl with her Dad and she seems to extremely impatient for her food - but then again, who isn't when it comes to mcdonalds? I stop my little analysis and keep scanning the room for anybody else to watch. It's become a habit of mine, people watching. I'm soon come to a pretty abrupt hault when my eyes stop over a tall man, with curly hair and electric green eyes. I swear everyone in this room could hear my heart thudding against my chest.

I could just turn back and pretend I never saw anything, but 1. He's looking back at me intently, and 2. I physically couldn't, even if I wanted to!

"Lola" He whispers, I can't actually hear him considering it's pretty noisy in here but I can tell by the way his lips wrap around the letters. The way he used to say my name always had me at his feet, but right now I would do anything to hear the oh so famous voice that I have oh so fucking missed for 5 years now!

For a few seconds, I completely forget everything that he did, and where we are, and the fact that my own boyfriend is stood right next to me probably confused as fuck! But ignoring all the little voices in my head telling me to do otherwise, I begin to make my way towards him.

"H-Harry?" I ask, that's a stupid question I know, but I just cannot believe i'm seeing him now after so long.

"Oh my god" He whispers and I swear I see tears well up in his eyes, he fiddles with his fingers in front of him and it takes everything in me not to grab him and hug him, I want to squeeze all the fucking life out of him, but I can't - and I most likely never will be able to do that, let alone ever feel his lips on mine again. "It's really you" He continues speaking quietly, I usually wouldn't be able to hear him, but it's almost as if everything else in this room - in my life, has muted, and his deep accented voice is the only thing I can here. "After all this time" He runs his long slender fingers through his hair and sighs. It is then that I notice more tattoos adorning his arms and I'm almost certain he'll have added more to his chest. I just hope that there's none on his back, I always loved the fact that his back was kept clear, almost as if it was a plainly beautiful canvas that he had yet to declare it's future.

"It is" I manage to choke out and break into a small, but oh so real smile. His green eyes scan my body for a minute or so, and I just stand there, letting him do whatever he pleases.

"Your hair is shorter" He finally says after a few minutes of silence.

"And yours is longer" I laugh at the statement, causing him to aswell, and truthfully, I have missed the sound so much. I've been deprived of that harmony for five years and now that I can finally hear it again, I don't want it to ever stop. It's true though, his hair is only a couple of inches above his shoulders, but he still looks breathtakingly beautiful.

His eyes flicker away from my face for a second and land on something behind me, I follow his gaze to be met with a very confused Luke.

"This is your boyfriend?" He manages to choke out and I nod slowly, taking Lukes hand in mine and bringing him further forward to engage more in our conversation.

"Um, Luke, this is Harry, you know" I say quietly, I'm unsure where to look. Either Luke, the boy who has loved me for the past few years and has taken care of me and done everything he can to give me the world. Or Harry, the boy who broke my heart but I still seem to be undeniably in love with. Luke's eyes widen drastically and he most likely realises that this is the boy that hurt me so badly, that he's the reason I can't say I love you back to him. I know that If I was Luke, I would be furious.

"Hi Harry, I'm Lola's boyfriend" He holds out his hand to the curly haired boy and I watch as he struggles to return the gesture and shake his hand, but finally he does it.

"Hi-" He begins but is soon cut off by the lady behind the till, calling out Harry's order. He nods quickly and goes to retrive it, our order being called only seconds after.

"Oh, are you here with somebody?" I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me as my eyes wonder over the mcdonalds meal for two that he's ordered.

"Oh, no the other persons back at my flat" He states hesitantly and I blink a few times, nodding after a few seconds of silence.

Of course he would have a girlfriend. I think in my mind, why wouldn't he though? He's extremely attractive and most likely treats the lucky girl like he treated me.

"Anyway, I should probably get back" He says, looking into my eyes, almost as if it was the last time he would see them.

"Yeah yeah, of course" I nod understandingly. I really want to ask him for his number incase he wants to catch up at any point, but that would be completely out of order and extremely innapropriate on my behalf and considering the situation we still seem to be in. I'm the one that left all those years ago, and that would be totally unfair on Luke, so Instead of doing anything, I just watch as he walks out of the shop, not looking back once.

___

I sincerely apologise if you feel like my chapters are too short, I just prefer them this way because otherwise I start rambling about some boring and pointless stuff, so I just prefer it like it is now:)

Pls don't forgot to comment and vote xx

3 votes and 2 comments for the next chapter