Chapter 1

"SOPHIE!! Bring my shopping bags!!" My step-sister, Aria, screamed from her room

Ever since my mother died when I was little and my dad passing away one year ago in a plane accident, my step mother, Caroline Adams, has been my "mom". My father never actually married Caroline, she was engaged to him until the accident. Now she blames me for his death and makes me her personal family maid.

Today is my first day of school with my step sisters, Aria and Jade, at my new high school. Before my father died I used to go to an elementary school nearby and since his passing I have been home-schooled by a private tutor. Now I'm nervous for high school since it's been four years since I've been to a public school.

I trudged up the stairs to her room and knocked on the door. "Here are your new clothes!" I said with fake excitement.

"Ugh, took you long enough! Could you be any slower!" Aria said after opening the door and giving me a look like I was dirt.

"Well if you were more competent maybe you could learn to get things yourself." I mumbled

Aria looked me in the eye "Excuse Me?! What did you say?"

"Nothing, Nothing!" I said with a fake smile.

"Good." She had a look of pride on her face.

" Now go get me my Gucci perfume, and my light maroon school dress! Like Now!!"

"Coming right up, 'miss'" I said with sarcasm dripping from my words.

"OMG OMG" Jade screamed from the 1st floor, "ARIA, KEEFE FREAKING SENCEN IS COMING TO MANHATTAN TODAY!!"

I rolled my eyes. Keefe Sencen was a teen pop sensation that every girl had a crush on. Well every girl except for me. I was not going to be apart of some modern "Sencen Fever" movement. There was no way I was ever going to any concert of his or else my ears will bleed from a screeching boy and screaming girls.

"OMG ARE YOU JOKING" Aria screamed I winced from being so close to her at that moment. I made my way back downstairs. Aria followed me, running in her platform heels.

"OMG MOM WE HAVE TO GO PLEASE!" Jade begged to Caroline.

Caroline barely noticing her begging daughter, due to her doing her nails. "Sure...but I won't be able to drive you because I have...an...appointment?

"Oh, ok mother!" Jade replied, being the spoiled brat she is, oblivious of her mother not caring.

"OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE GOING JADE!!" Aria screamed again, running down the stairs, and jumping like a kid on a sugar rush.

"AHHH WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING EEEKKK!" Jade screamed back.

I decided to leave towards my room before my eardrums broke. As I walked into my plain room I sighed. My room was painted a dark gray with a small twin sized bed in the middle and a small closet filled with maid aprons and gray clothing. There was one dress in there that wasn't a plain gray. It was gift my mother gave me for prom thinking she would be there for it. I wish she was there for it.

A tear went down my cheek, "I miss you mom and dad." I cried.

I decided to get ready for school that day before I cried more. I threw on a gray T-shirt and some blue jeans. I tamed my blonde hair into a high ponytail and put some chapstick on to look somewhat presentable. I grabbed my backpack and threw on my old converse and went out the door.

"What are you wearing?!" Jade questioned me with a disgusted look on her face once I reached the kitchen.

"Umm a shirt and jeans...?" I said. I knew she would do this.

"Ugh I am embarrassed to be related to you!" Aria replied for Jade, covering her eyes.

"So am I." I mumbled quietly, so she wouldn't hear me.

"Girls! The limo is ready!" Caroline said from her mini spa.

"Finally! My curls were becoming less curly!" Jade said.

I rolled my eyes, and followed Jade and Aria through the door. Once I got to the door of the limousine, Aria gave me a dirty look.

" Umm this limo is not for dirt bags like you." Aria said, pointing at me.

"Then how am I supposed to get to school?" I questioned her.

"Walk--Duh!" Jade said to me and she closed the door, and the butler drove them away.

I sighed. "Guess I am going to have to walk" I said to myself. I started to walk towards the direction I figured was the school.

After walking for what felt like forever I stopped to sit and check the time. My watch read 8:10.

Crap, I am already late on my first day could this day get any worse?!

Just then a sleek black Mercedes pulled up in front of me.

"Are you lost?" A boy called from the car. He popped his head from the back seat. He had messy blonde hair and ice blue eyes. He had a look of sincerity on his face that surprised me, since I was a stranger.

"Actually I was just getting ready to go now, so I really don't need your help." I said with a fake look of confidence on my face. I was lost, but the last thing I was going to do was going to do was get in a car with a stranger.

"Are you sure, because you really look lost to me." He said with a smirk.

"I might be a little lost, but i am not going into a car with a guy I don't even know!"

"Wait you don't know me-" He said, looking at me crazily.

"Am i supposed to know you?" I asked cautiously.

" Oh- um, no no...you don't know me." He said while stuttering on a few words. " Anyways," He said, recovered from his mini breakdown, "I think I should give you a ride, because you are obviously lost."

"I am not lost!" I said embarrassed.

"Keep telling yourself that. Ro can you please escort this young lady into the limo!" He said with a satisfied smirk on his face.

I gaped at him as his butler came out and led me towards the limo. As I sat down inside the car, I realized where I was and blushed.

"You really don't have to do this." I said, trying to hide my red face with my hair.

" Yes, I have to! I can't just leave a pretty girl like you on the streets!" He said looking me in the eyes.

I blushed even harder, so I tried to change the subject "I never actually got your name." I asked him.

"Oh yeah, its Kee- I mean Keith...yeah my name is Keith." He said.

"Sophie, Sophie Foster." I said, then frowned, because of my last name. It reminded me of my parents.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked me

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I said, trying to be convincing.

"Well It would be nice if you could tell me where you were going..." he said

"Oh right! I was heading to Brooklyn High School." I said, embarrassed that I forgot to tell him where I was going.

"That's not far from here. We should be there in no time." He said, while smirking. Something told me that this was going to be a long ride.

AN:

That was the end of Chapter 1! It was not the best chapter in the world, since I wrote this in my car, but it will get better!

[ edit ] : im re-reading this, like nine months later, and lemme just say : i was really bad at this before. i actually promise this gets better soon lol.

Be sure to comment and vote! :)

Peace out my lovelies

-- Mika :)

Word Count: 1244