- Ten

Darryl's pov

He just kissed me.

Oh my god. He just kissed me.

I sat there, bright faced, staring at Zak. I didn't know what to do or say. I was still lying down when he bent down to kiss me, so I sat up in my spot.

"Come here, muffin." I said while gesturing for him to come sit on my lap. He inaudibly murmured something and sat down. For a moment we sat in silence, looking at each other. Usually that would be awkward, but right now, it was comfortable.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. At this point I could feel his hot, shaky breaths on my neck, and I could tell he was nervous. I turned over to him and whispered in his ear.

"I love you too."

"You do..?"

"Of course I do."

Everything was so comfortable. It almost felt perfect. I could feel his lips turn into a smile as he rested his head on my shoulder. He soon shifted downward and sat his head on my chest.

"Bum bum, bum bum"

"What are you doing Zak?"

"Listening!"

"...To what?"

"Your heartbeat, silly."

I felt my face flash red. Is this what it felt like to be genuinely happy? To have a lovely little angel, lying on your chest, listening to your heartbeat? It felt like genuine happiness. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

As this was going on I remembered the state I found him in at his house. As much as I loved holding him, he needed to be cleaned up and taken care of first.

"Wrap your arms around my neck, sweetie."

At first he looked slightly confused, but then he obliged. Once his arms were wrapped around my neck I slid my hands under his thighs and picked him up. I started to carry him to the bathroom.

"Where are we going..?"

"You're gonna take a bath."

"Oh?"

I said nothing more as we were entering the bathroom. I sat him down on the toilet and turned on the water for him.

"Is this too hot?" I said while grabbing his hand and carefully putting it under the water.

"Nono, this is fine.."

With that, I plugged up the drain and watched the tub flow. As I was watching the water rise I remembered I had some left over bubble bath soap in the closet. I barely ever took baths, but when I did it was always a bubble bath.

"Do you want bubbles?" His face immediately lit up and he started nodding. I went over and poured the soap under the faucet, hopping to get as many bubbles as possible. The bubbles very quickly started the pile up, and some almost fell out.

"Alright, there you go, dear." I said while turning the faucet off. At first he looked at me with a look of uncertainty, and then he looked like he was going to say something.

"Hey... uh... Can you uh...." As he was speaking his voice trailed off and his face grew hot. He looked embarrassed.

"Can I what?" I said softly to him while grabbing his chin and looking him in the eyes. He was stunning. His beautiful brown eyes stared back at me.

"Canyoupleasebatheme..?" Despite how fast he said it I could still understand him. You'd think bathing someone would be sexual, but the look on his face was so pure and wholesome. He just wanted to be cared for.