Heel. Toe. Heel. Toe. I watched as she began to fade, the rhythm of her feet never missing a beat.

               "What about our past?" I asked, but she was already gone. I sighed and turned back to the white light penetrating through the inky space. Here goes nothing, I thought. And pushed my feet closer to the revealing light.

               After 3 minutes I finally reached the edge of the blackness, the white light tickling my little piggy toes. I wiggled them a bit absorbing the warmth the light gave off. I reached up shielding my eye from the blinding light, and stuck my left hand out into the white whirlpool.

              I gasped as the chill enveloped my arm, and my face. Come in, it whispered against my air. Just as I began to retract my hand from the whirlpool, I felt my body being dragged uncontrolablly into the white mass.

              "HELP!" I shrieked. "Someone help me!" I yelled.

                                                                  *   *   *  *   *   *   *  *

I whimpered softly as something cold and wet compressed into my back. I winced as I twisted my stomach to turn over. I huffed and turned back to my back, the aching pain of my legs and core forbidding me from moving.

            My hands immediately shot out and felt around my body. 'Why aren't I in my bed? The last event was a dream, right?'

               I dug my nails into the substance beneath me and pulled. Bringing my hand to my eye level, I examined the green stick of leathery grass.

                  My heart hammered more in my chest. 'What if this was one of the devils stupid illusions?'

                My breathing began to turn ragged as the reality dawned on me. The nightmare demons had an ability to kill anyone in their dreams. He could do anything like that to me!

              I quickly pulled myself up from the ground ignoring the pain that cleaved through my bones. I brushed off my hands allowing the handful of grass to fall back with its brothers and sisters.

              As my breathing slowly became steady again, I turned to my life admiring the ample amount of oak trees around me. Pink, blue, yellow, and indigo flowers we're lightly sprinkled across the lime-green grass bed. The sunlight highlighted this one section that held a small pond.

             As the tiny waves danced around the pound surface, luminescence of sparkling droplets shimmered in the sun. I stood in awe at the breathe-taking waters.

             This couldn't be a nightmare could it? 'Not with this pretty place', I assured myself.

         I shivered as a breeze washed away all the warmth from my body, the light scent of salt passes with it. The leaves of the grand oak trees rustled in the wind.

          An eerie silence fell over the area as I looked down into the dark gasps in between the tree trunks. Waiting for something to happened and rocked back on the balls of my heels.

             I waited. And waited, but the only sound or movement in the entire area were the sound of the leaves and grass dancing to the winds whistle.

               I sighed after a while of waiting and wiped the sweat off my palms into my black, red, and white polar bear sweatpants.

               Enveloping my upper body into my arms I began walking towards the backwood of trees and away from the intended grassland. The sound of the slosh of my toes scrunching into the arctic feeling mud, then being plucked back out echoed in my ears, keeping my heart at a steady rhythm.