Chapter II ~ Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonny Depps Love Child

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." -Eleanor Roosevelt

To put it simply, the first day at Fairview Highschool sucked. The teachers are boring, the students are too nosy for their own good, and the school itself is just way too small. I had to introduce myself five different times, there was only one teacher who just seemed indifferent to my presence and she didn't even take attendance. I sigh and get out of bed, I woke up around five am and couldn't fall back asleep so I've basically just been laying in bed thinking about how much I don't want to go to school for the past hour and a half. I take a quick shower and since I have extra time this morning I decide to curl my hair. Once I'm done with my hair, I do my makeup and throw on some ripped skinny jeans, my brown heeled ankle boots and a cream colored sweater. 

I walk over to my brothers room across the hallway and knock on the door, "Blaine, hurry up. We have to leave in the next five minutes otherwise we're gonna be late." Blaine opens the door to his room and smiles, "Since when are you ever in a rush to get to school?" He questions, raising an eyebrow, "Since I don't want to get detention." I huff out and begin walking downstairs, the house was silent, a huge contrast to how lively it was yesterday morning. My parents were at a meeting discussing where our family is suppose to rank in the pack. Technically, since we're new we're suppose to be Omegas but because of the circumstances and my dads old ranking, we all need to figure out where we stand. I grab my bag and my black hydro flask and walk out to the car, deciding just to wait there for Blaine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I can feel the stares burning on the back of my head as I make my way down through the halls towards the cafeteria. I'm sitting with my brother again but I actually managed to become friends with one of the girls at the table, Sydney. She's short about 5'3, tan, and has blonde hair. She's a sweet girl but she also has a lot of energy and talks a mile a minute. She's dating Oliver, whom I've also become acquainted with. Her parents are Betas, so her ranking in the pack is also quite high. 

  I look around the school, observing some of the students. It's a smaller school, only about 400 students in total attend here and only about 50 of those students are from the pack. I thought there'd be more, considering how big the pack really is but I've been told that some of the other kids from the pack choose to do homeschooling. Maybe I should consider it because I don't know if I'll ever get use to the stares. My thoughts of homeschooling were soon interrupted when I run straight into what at first I assumed  was a wall,  but I soon realized was actually a person. I land on the ground with a thud, my bag and all its contents sprawling across the floor.I groan as the guy I ran into rushes to help me up. 

"Shit I'm sorry," he apologizes, picking my bag up off the floor and handing it to me, "It's fine," I say, "I should've been paying more attention to where I was going." I brush myself off before looking up at the guy, it took everything in me to stop myself from letting my jaw drop. He was probably the most attractive person I've ever seen. 

He was about 6'3 with messy brown hair and brown eyes. His features were sharp and his jaw looked like it could literally cut me. The man looked like a young Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonny Depp had a love child. I looked away from him, and averted my eyes back at the ground, just looking at him intimidated me. 

 "I, uh, better get going my brothers waiting for me."  I say, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before walking around him and continuing my route to the cafeteria. 

"Hey, wait Brianna!" He calls, and I stop in my tracks. How does he know my name? I wait for him to catch up to me before turning around.

 "How do you know my name?" I question, scrunching up my eyebrows in confusion. He laughs at me before shaking his head, "Seriously? I knew who you were before you even moved here Evans." He raises an eyebrow at me, before shaking his head lightly, "You really don't know who I am? Is your nose broken or something?" He then taps my nose lightly, grinning. I roll my eyes and bat his hand away from my face. He laughs at me and I take this opportunity to take a quick and hopefully silent whiff of the air, and that's when I realize he's from the pack. 

 "Of course my nose isn't broken, you're in the pack. I just didn't know everyone knew I was coming." I look at the ground and scratch my wrist, "Well, not everyone knew you were coming." My head snaps up and once again I am beyond confused. He laughs at me again, shaking his head lightly, "You know, you're cute, Evans." He gives me one last smile before walking away, presumably to the cafeteria. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I walk into the cafeteria, for once, all eyes don't snap to me. Instead, everyone is focused on the commotion in the center of the room. I continue my way to my table, paying attention to the argument going on at the table next to mine. I take my seat between Blaine and Sydney without a word.

 "Colton please!" The blonde yells, gripping the guy from earlier's arm.

 "Let go of me Amber, you cheating on me is not the only reason I'm breaking up with you." 

The girl, who I now knows name is Amber, begins to cry even louder " Baby don't say that, please it-it didn't mean anything, I know you love me as much as I love you."

 He chuckles and pulls his arm out of her grasp. "No, I really don't. When we first started dating, we agreed that we were just passing the time until we found our-" He pauses and drops his voice down almost to a whisper, "Until we found our mates. We were never meant to stay together in the first place." 

 She shakes her head, " We still haven't found ours, we can...we can still be together please." He laughs lightly, "That's the thing Amber, I think I might've found mine. I wont know for sure until she turns seventeen but my wolf feels that pull. I'm sorry, but its over." He turns around, making brief eye contact with me, before walking out of the room. 

 I look at Sydney, "What was that and why was it such a big deal to everyone." 

She laughs, "That was the 'it couple' of the school finally breaking up." I nod my head and take a bite of my sandwich.

 I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion, "I still don't understand why it was such a big deal, its a break up get over it." She shrugs her shoulders, "They've been together since Freshman year and I'm pretty sure Amber thought she was gonna end up being the next Luna or something." She pauses and scoots closer too me, "There's a rumor that she found her mate but rejected him for Colton so she could become Luna in the future and that apparently she thought he would do the same for her when the time came."

 I raise my eyebrows and look over at her in shock, "Do you really think she would do that?"

 I couldn't imagine rejecting my mate for someone else for something as meaningless as power. I've always imagined my mate as maybe a tracker, or a warrior but never someone very high up in the rankings.

 "Yeah she totally would, Amber is super selfish and power hungry. She use to be best friends with this girl Camille, but Camille was more popular than her so she leaked her nudes and basically ruined the girls life." Sydney shakes her head, "The girl is crazy, quite frankly I'm surprised Colton didn't dump her sooner."

 I just laugh and continue eating my sandwich. I replay the events from lunch over in my head, I'm curious who the girl that Colton thinks is his mate is. Whoever it is, good luck to that girl, Colton seems like a handful.

Hey guys!! Heres the second chapter of TGWTBH, I know it took a little while too get up but school started last week and Ive been under a lot of stress and got a small case of writers block which is why, tbh, this chapter is kinda shitty. I cringed while writing some of the dialogue so I am going to try to go back and possibly rewrite some of it too make it sound better. I hope you enjoy this chapter :) also go follow me on Instagram if you're cool.

Instagram: kaylie.duda