"They're great. We get to spend lots of time together now that we do promo, so we've been really enjoying this time together," Jade replies in a slightly shaking voice. She knows what she should be doing right now, but is too scared to reveal something so personal and special.

"Jade, are you alright?" James worriedly asks. He knows his daughter too well to not notice her nervousness.

"I need to tell you something," Jade quietly replies. "I really, really need to tell you something important. It's about, um, one of my friends," her voice remains fragile as she speaks. She is avoiding her father's gaze, so there will be no chance of seeing the possible disapproval in his eyes once she tells him.

"I'm listening," James assures Jade. He leans in towards her just a bit, in order to hear her quiet voice better. It takes a few long moments for Jade to let the words out.

"So, um... Perrie. From the group. She and I, we're close. She's from South Shields, we've always been close," Jade avoids the right words on purpose and panickly tries to to earn some time. "But, some things changed, Dad. It's a long story and I don't really want to go into detail about it, but... we're dating now. Perrie and I." There is moment of silence, in which neither of the two people in the room changes their expression. Jade is waiting for something to happen, and when it does not, she repeats her speech in a much more direct way. "Perrie is my girlfriend."

"Oh really?" James asks. He does not show any negative nor positive emotion, but seems plainly curious and interested. "I thought she was getting married?" He finally says.

"She was engaged, but they broke up a few months ago," Jade answers as she still waits for her father's response. Each second feels like forever, and it is too much pressure to handle. Jade is trying her best to keep tears from forming in her eyes, but is unable to control it.

"Why the tears, sweetheart?" James finally breaks the silence. He puts the cup in his hands on the coffee table and moves to sit next to Jade on the couch.

"I'm nervous," Jade manages to explain through the tears. James pulls her into a cosy hug and runs his hand on her back.

"There's no need to be," James replies with a small smile as they let go. "You know I love you, and I want the best for you, and if this girl makes you happy - then let it be it." Jade is filled with the most wonderful feeling. For
once, it really does feel like things are working out and the coming together. James and Jade look at each other, and Jade speaks again with obvious relief in her eyes.

"Dad, the only people who know about this are Jeys and Leigh-Anne, from the group. We want to keep it down for now, until we have some things figured out," Jade emotionally says. She leaves out how they are not planning to tell everyone any time soon. "So could you... not tell anyone? Keep it a secret for now?" There is a short silence, and James looks away fron his daughter's gaze. Jade begins to suspect that her relief was too quick, and calls him. "Dad?"

James turns back to Jade. His eyes are red and a single tear is making its way down his face. Jade is a bit shocked, since the first time that she had ever seen her father cry was many years ago, when she was deeply struggling with an eating disorder, and the last time she saw him cry was at her niece Leoni's birth. Jade could not imagine that her words affect him as much as these emotional scenarios in the past.

"I'm proud of you, Jade. Thank you for trusting me with this," James says with a small nod and pulls his daughter into another hug. "I want to meet her again, your Perrie. Bring her here for dinner sometime, alright?" A wide smile spreads on Jade's face whilst the tears keep streaming down her face.

×××

"Hi everyone, and welcome back to our channel!" Lucy Connell says to the camera. She is sitting on the far right, next to her are Jesy, Leigh-Anne, Jade, Perrie and Lydia Connell on the far left. The twin sisters are interviewing Little Mix before the start of the group's Gold Magic Perfume signing shortly. "And today is a very special day, because we are joined with our favorites, Little Mix!" Lucy continues and the girls cheer.