Chapter 24: " The Fight. "

( Yuri's POV )

  I stood my ground, staring at Monika and trying to figure out how to handle the situation. I don't have any weapons except my admin powers, but with the state Monika is in..it won't do much. But I have to try!

  Monika let out a roaring sound of laughter, " This is going to be fun...I have been waiting a long time for this.. " Monika took one step forward, a grin spreading across her face. I readied my admin commands.

   I shakily spoke, " Bring..it on.. " Suddenly, Monika was already running at me and smacked me onto the floor, a red wire wrapping around my arms and waist so I couldn't move. " Agh-! T-that was..quick..! " I yelped as Monika began lifting me in the air to bring me closer to her face.

   " Heheheh....you didn't even move..what a bore, " Monika gave an annoyed sigh. " Guess it's over for you...Yuri. " Another wire hovered beside Monika's head, it had a sharp needle-like point. " Goodbye! " It moved towards me in a quick motion, but suddenly Monika dropped me and stumbled backwards, clutching her head. " Agh-! " Monika shook her head.

   Wait...what. 

        " I don't wa-... " Monika bit her lip. " Again! " She hissed, running at me, but it was slower and more hesitant. I moved to the side just enough to where she would barely miss me and she let out a low growl. I think that's Monika...Monika's in there! I watched as she slowly turned to me with an angered expression.

        " Monika-! " I spoke loudly. " You don't have to do this..you really don't! " Monika looked up at me, and I almost saw her small pupils dilate a little and show some life. But she quickly shook her head and began walking towards me, holding up many sharp needle points. I moved away from her as she got closer. I need to think quicker..!

      " Shut up you-.. " Monika hissed slightly. " You're getting in my way and nothing you will say will change my mind! " Monika slammed her fist against my stomach, knocking me onto my back, she got on her feet and ran over to me, pinning me down and raising a knife. 

      I grabbed Monika's wrist as she pulled the knife down to stab me, " I know you're better than this Monika! R-remember when you and I met in this g-game..?! You were so kind to me...Where is that Monika?! " Monika let out a small gasp and her arm's force trying to push the knife down on me faltered. " Libitina isn't good for you-! She made y-you do the same thing last time...don't...do this again to yourself..! Please-! If not for me..then for everyone else! "

      Monika looked at me with a pitiful expression, " I-I hate you...I..I hate yo-u.. " Monika's voice quavered as she repeatedly tried to stab me, but dropped the knife, grabbing her head and sobbing.

   I held my hand out and hugged Monika, " It's okay...It's oka- " Suddenly, something lodged into my stomach. I looked down and Monika had thrust ed a knife into my stomach and twisted it. I looked at Monika, wide-eyed, and noticed she was crying.

    " I-I'm not...d-doing it... " Monika whimpered, but she couldn't move her body. I could tell she was trying, but she couldn't. I grabbed her wrist and pulled the knife out, clutching my stomach. " .... " Monika was breathing heavily and began to sweat.

    An angered voice spoke behind Monika, " I guess if you want to do something....you have to do it yourself. " Libitina walked up behind Monika. " We'll talk about this later. " Libitina shoved Monika out of the way, her collapsing onto the floor in an exhausted heap.

    " How dare you.. " I hissed, slowly standing up as I began to bleed. " My commands may not work...but I will sure as hell not let you treat Monika like that. "

    Libitina smirked, " She's no longer yours...she's mine now. " I looked at Monika and saw that she was lying still on the floor, but twitching every once in a while.

    " What did you do to her! " I hissed and grabbed Libitina's arm. " What did you DO?! " Libitina glared at me and forcefully pulled her arm out of my grip.

    " I took care of- " Libitina was shoved to the floor. " Oof! "

    " That's for being a bitch to my friends! " Natsuki threw her hands on her hips. Sayori rushed to Monika's side. 

   " Monika..come on.. " Sayori tried to wake Monika up, but she didn't seem to react. Libitina began chuckling again. "....You did that to her..didn't you...? The same thing she did she to us....? How could you-! It's torture.. " Sayori looked back at Monika and grabbed Monika's hand.

   I opened a folder and found a virus, " Libitina...you're a virus... " I narrowed my eyes. I noticed Libitina flinching. That's it...That's it-! She exposed herself by focusing on controlling Monika...that she forgot to cover up. I began scanning through the files for the virus location and Libitina began running at me. Luckily, Natsuki and Sayori caught her by her arms and held her in place.

    " W-wait! I'm innocent! I'm INNOCENT! " Libitina began screaming. " Please-! Spare me-! " Libitina began fading, I wasn't going to let her go this time.

    " This is for fucking with Monika... " I grabbed the virus and moved it over the trash icon. " And this is for making her the monster. " I deleted Libitina's virus in Monika's file, hopefully for good, and watched as Libitina collapsed to the floor and glitched out existence. I sighed tiredly, " That was easier than I thought...thankfully. " 

    " Look, that's great and all Yuri, " Natsuki said. " But we have bigger fish to fry! Monika isn't waking up! " I looked over and noticed Monika still curled on the floor, not even opening her eyes.

   " But..I thought Libitina- " I continued, but Sayori cut me off.

   " If Monika thinks it's actually reality..getting rid of Libitina wont make it stop, " Sayori shuddered. " The same thing happened to me..and even you two. But Monika-she hasn't experienced this before..she doesn't know how to get out of her own head. " I felt the relief become replaced with terror. I don't know what to do-....

    " Yuri... " Sayori broke my out of my thoughts, causing me to flinch. " She needs you! "

    " Me...? " I asked. Sayori walked over to me, grabbed me by my arm, and forcefully sat me next to Monika.

      " We're going to give you two a moment, " Sayori said sternly. " You better try your best! She's my best friend..and I better not lose her or I will never forgive you. " Sayori grabbed Natsuki and began dragging her out of the hallway.

     " Wait-! I want to- " Natsuki called out, but they both disappeared into a classroom. I looked back down at Monika, who let out a small whimper of pain. I lightly placed my hands over hers.

      " Monika...come on... "

       " Wake up.. "