A Priceless Smile

Start from the beginning

He was placed back in the chair and buckled in, getting a kiss on the forehead before his slippers were placed on his feet and sat them on the stands.

Katsuki went around and started pushing Izuku out of his room and down the hall. They stopped at the front desk. They know him now due to him visiting so often.

"I'm going to take Izuku Midorya out for the day, I had him take his medicine and eat. He is in fresh clothes and I have an umbrella for shade, I'll bring him back in the evening." The nurse nods and types something on her computer.

"Alright, Mr, Bakugou, we trust you will care for him and you know the rules about sharp objects and all." She spoke, giving him the go ahead.

He nods and pulls out an umbrella and straps it onto the back of the chair and leaves, opening it to protect Izuku mostly from the harsh sun. He began to push Izuku down the road and into the park, luckily, there are not many people around, and those who are, didn't stare.

They both journey around the park, Katsuki, leaning over and pointing to all sorts of things like squirrels or roses to hopefully spark something in the other. The greenett kept his hands folded in his lap and his gaze followed wherever his boyfriend was pointing to. He wanted so badly to smile or feel anything, or even hug the man behind him but he couldn't find the energy to.

After an hour, they left to walk around town. Again, Katsuki pointed at different things but this time, at clothes and such.

"You wanna go into a store to look? Maybe find something you might like? Everything is my treat, babe." He gave a slight nod and they went into many different shops. Izuku found a Ground Zero plush. He slowly picked it up and studied it before hugging it to his chest and wouldn't let go, making Katsuki blush and in a studder, asking if he wanted it. He nods and the blond took it gently and proceeds to buy it, immediately giving it back to which Izuku slowly takes it back, turning it to where the back of it was sitting in his lap and facing outward. The exploding teen had to control every fiber of his being to not squeal in the cuteness.

They went to a few more stores, getting Izuku a puzzle or two, a couple of hero toys and a notebook with crayons for him. The items are in a basket behind the chair but the plush didn't leave his lap and it seems that his grip only got tighter. It is around three in the afternoon so Katsuki leans forward and asks gently:

"Would you like to get anything to eat? I know you gotta be thirsty and I'm sorry I didn't prepare for that." He gave a small nod and they went into a fast food restaurant and Katsuki moved him to a corner and had his chair moved to sit next to him.

"I'm going to go get our food, what would you like to eat, baby?" He looks at his plush that still sat in his lap in thought before looking up and giving a barely noticeable shrug, which luckily, Katsuki noticed.

"I'll get you something I can tear apart for you to eat easier, chicken nuggets sounds good, right?" He receives a soft nod. "Would you like sweet tea? Or unsweet? One for sweet, two for unsweetened, okay?" He slowly holds up a one. "Okay, I'll be right back. Ground Zero will protect you until I do, okay?" He saw a twitch of the other's lips before his hold on the plush tightened, slowly nodding.

He kind of hesitated a second before leaving, backing up until he is to the counter, turning to face the cashier.

"What's the smallest serving of chicken nuggets you can give me besides the kiddie meal?" Katsuki asks, briefly looking back at Izuku, who is playing with Ground Zero's arms with no expression shown.

"That will be an 8 piece, which I'm guessing is for that man you looked at?" He nods. "It'll come with a small fry, what size drink?"

"Medium." The worker types the order on the screen.