45

Terrance left right after he kissed me because a car had driven into his driveway. Most likely his aunt.

I saw the way he looked at the window in irritation as he groaned and fell onto his back on my bed before he pecked my lips once more, he placed the book he was reading on my bedside table which had somehow gotten on the floor when he got up.

He straightened his shirt before walking over to my window, the part that was fisted in my hand was all crumbled.

"You know you can just use the front door right? my mom's not home." I informed him.

"And where's the fun in that?" He asked
"Adrenaline, remember?." He reminded me.

The next day was no different than the rest except this time I didn't avoid him I just didn't see him threw out my day.

It made me even wonder if he was at school, but then again maybe he was giving me a taste of my own medicine.

You know allow me to feel what it's like to be avoided. I guess that was fair but I didn't like the thought of that one bit. I preferred his way of confronting me, that I was avoiding him.

For some reason rumours of Cole had started up again but I didn't see him.
That is of course until at lunch in the cafeteria.

I was sitting there with a book in my lap revising as I ate my lunch when it was snatched from me, closed and placed on the table.

My friends who were talking before had now quite down and was staring up at the person who was obviously uninvited or welcomed here.

We seemed to be the ones everyone keeps taking a glimpse at.

"Hi, Amanda." He said kindly as he sat carefully at a distance beside me.

But I didn't reply, what was I going to say? , what was the right thing to say?.

"Look, I don't remember what happened that day. Only the part of that jerk hitting me." He said trying to get to the point.

How dear he called Terrance a jerk if anyone here was a jerk it was him.

"I've heard a little about what happened and I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry and I never intended on doing whatever happened. I mean I was under the influence." He stated once more as a slow small careful tender smile made its way to his face when I looked over at him.

I couldn't help but wonder how Terrance would react or feel about me talking to Cole or him even being around me.

I mean I've never seen him completely angry but speaking from experience it's an adorable yet sexy look on him.

The way his jaw clenched as he tries to calm down and tighten his fists. Then the look he gives the person he's angry at is just too much for me, it makes me feel like I want to be the one who distracts him or maybe it's the fact that he was defending me that made me feel like this, that made me like it was a good thing.

"I don't hold it against you Cole," I said as I started to pack up my things.

"But they say a drunk mind speaks a sober heart."

"And what's that supposed to mean?." He asked back quickly.

"It means you might have never done what you did if you were in your right state of mind but it was always in your heart to do so your actions were always settled in your heart," I said before I told the girls goodbye and walked away.

I was proud of myself for that little statement. I think we had read that line in a poem or story of a book last year and it was true, every single word was.

The day went by stubbornly and as soon as the bell rung I was off to the bus stop and I went straight home.
I was honestly tired of after school detention.

An uncontrollable smile made its way to my face as soon as I spotted Terrance leaning on the mailbox in front of his house going threw his mails as I walked down the block towards him.

The closer I got the more I saw how displeased he was as he read a paper that was in his hand along with other mails.

"What's wrong?." I asked when I was close enough, my smile was long forgotten as I looked at Terrance then down at the papers.

He sighed and ran his hand threw his hair as he gave me the paper he was reading.

"Battery?" I asked myself as I continued to read.

Terrance leaned off the mailbox and walked towards his house causing me to follow him as I read.

"This civil charge is associated with any intentional hitting or offensive touching that occurred when Cole Jackson was beaten up," I mumbled as I continued to read unbelievably.

This was unbelievable, he was getting Terrance in trouble and I didn't even say a word about what happened to me.

I was fuming, this was just messed up.

I walked around the room in front of Terrance.
"How dear he," I said

"Meehh ... I've been through worst ." Terrance shrugged as if it was nothing.

"He can't do this," I stated

"It's really nothing." He said once more but I ignored him. The thought of Cole trying to get Terrance in trouble gave me a feeling I didn't like at all.

I took out my phone and searched for Jazz's number.

"What are you doing ?." He asked

"I'm gonna do what he did to you."

"And what did he do ?" He asked from the kitchen that really wasn't that far from where I was.

"I'm gonna make him drop the charges," I tell him

"And why are you gonna do that."

I was silent for a while before I came up with a lie, I mean I couldn't tell him that I just had a need to defend him.

"Because you have to go to petty session court three times," I stated as he walked over to me with a bag of potato chips in his hand.

"And?"

"And there all Saturday's, Saturday's are our days. How dear he." I said causing him to smile and nod his head signalling a no as he walked into the living room and sat in one of the sofas.

I dialled Jazz number and she picked up on the first ring.

"Hello." She answered

"Jazz it's Amanda, where are you?." I asked

"I'm on my way home Cole is driving me, why? what's wrong?." She replied

"Are you the only one in the car other than him?."

"Hummm....yea." She said slowly.

"Can you put the phone on speaker please?."

"Humm.... yea sure, you're now on speaker."

"I'm really sorry about this Jazz," I said to her before I started talking to Cole.

"So I saw the charges that were pressed against Terrance and I just wanted you to know that if you don't cancel them I'm gonna press charges of my own."

"I will fill out reports of harassment and sexual assault, plus remember that big reporter that love my persona and gave me her number ?, I'll ensure that your face will be plastered on the front pages of every single newspaper, I hope you have another career choice other than in the business world because you'll be ruined for life, plus I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be drinking at your age, yep everyone knows your just a child. So do the right thing and drop the charges." I said then hang up.

What you gonna do ?????!!!

Tap that star

Vote plz

⭐️

Please vote .!