21

it was the first time...

whenever we went on a date, you always surprised me with gifts or hugs or kisses and i loved it every time.

everyday is a surprise with you.

and i thought it's now my time to surprise you.

today i got two tickets to the movie you told me you've been looking forward to watch. you told me your favorite actor was there, even though you knew i hated him and i always felt jealous of him.

i was really looking forward to this day. i sent you a text that i'd be waiting by the park bench near the movies by ten.

i came a bit late because of traffic, but you weren't there yet when i arrived. so i waited for a few minutes.

i checked my inbox to see if you already replied, but there was none.

i thought maybe you only forgot to reply and were already on your way, so i waited patiently for a few more minutes.

but hours passed, and you hadn't arrive yet. the sky was getting gloomy already, but i couldn't leave since i knew you would come.

and you did.

but you were with someone else, and you looked really surprised when you saw me.

i was confused, and i didn't bother to look at the guy you were with. you just stood there, staring at me without any emotion.

i couldn't move nor say anything for minutes, but when i thought i could already do so, you turned your back at me and walked away.

it was the first time you left me in the rain.